Sunday, October 14, 2007

Autumn Days report

      Well, the book signing was not an overwhelming success, or even a whelming success. But the whole festival was poorly attended. No one knows why. Maybe because of football games or other events. Who knows? I still managed to sell five softcovers and one hardcover. This means that, of the 101 books I purchased to sell, the softcovers have finally moved into the profit area. I still have 11 to sell before the hardcovers turn a profit. But it's slowly getting there. (The ones purchased directly from Lulu by customers are already profitable, although I haven't received a royalty check yet. I'm supposed to receive my first check in November.)
      While I didn't make a lot of sales, I did have a wonderful time visiting with my friends TL, Melissa, Kyra, and Marsha. TL, Melissa, and Kyra spent all day with me, and Marsha spent a couple of hours and had lunch with us. They kept my Saturday from being depressing. They are awesome people, and I greatly appreciate them!
      Otherwise, not much to tell you. I was exhausted after the festival, came home, napped, did a few things, then met TL and Kyra for dinner at Applebees. Good food and good conversation. Then we went over to TL's house and watched a little TV. Finally I came home and collapsed in bed.
      Today I didn't do much of anything other than church and a few chores. And now a few photos from yesterday.



Me at my table at Autumn Days, October 13, 2007, Autumn Days, Ada, Oklahoma.



TL and Melissa at my table.



One of my customers, me and Kyra.



The lady who had the table next to mine and her adorable grandson.

      And now I'm going to call it a night and attempt to do something productive before I have to return to my job tomorrow. I hope things are going well for you. Be sure to check out the Great Slimdown where you'll find weight loss tips and essays, polls and more. (Right now I'm wondering if maybe it's good for weight loss to eat boring food. What do you think?) Good night.



7 comments:

jeannie diane said...

I am sorry the book signing was not as big as you hoped.

The pictures did turn out nice. It is really to bad you have not found your book pages. I really hoped you would stumble on them.

Have a great day :-)

Anonymous said...

Have you tried smiling? ;)

Hey, even a little publicity can be a good thing. You'll have those few people hooked, and even though they might not tell as many people as they might were they complaining about something, they'll tell some. Even pennies add up. :)

Rain said...

Hey handsome ;)

Your softcovers have moved into the profit area. Wahoo!

Have a good week, Tech

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad your softcovers have moved into the profit area. It looks like from the picture it was a slow day for everyone at the festival, so I wouldn't be too discouraged about that. And, it sounds like you had a good time with your friends, too.

I've been really impressed with all the work you've been doing to get your books sold. It'd be nice if we could just sit back and wait for our ship to come in, but it's a lot more impressive to watch someone swim out to it, board it, and take command of it.

Crystal

Jean said...

I agree -- when the whole festival is slow, that's tough. I'd say selling any books at all was a positive.

The weather looked beautiful: At least it wasn't raining. And soft covers have moved into the profit range? Yay!

Michelle said...

I think it's awesome if you sell even one book. That makes success in my own book. (I think that makes sense...)

Congrats!

SBB said...

It was still good, Jeannie, to be with my friends, and any progress is progress!

FF, I don't think smiling will catch on. It's just a fad ... :)

Rain, I love your eyesight! :) And thanks for the support.

I loved your ship metaphor, Crystal. Very cool.

Jean, it was a beautiful day and good time with friends. I don't regret it at all.

Thanks, Michelle. It's all progress toward my dream. I'm not complaining.