Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A few items

EDITED TO ADD: See "Rebirth" at the Great Slim Down.

      So how are ya? I've been okay. I was very pleased about the first book signing. I sold over 20 books and met many people who I hope will help make the launch of Murder by the Acre even better than the one for Murder by Dewey Decimal.
      I'm nervous about the two book signings coming up. Indications are that they will be good or at least the Saturday one will be good, but who knows? I'm going to enjoy the chance to see family and friends either way.
      After these two signings, I don't have much planned for the book other than being in a booth for my town's Fall Festival on October 13. Just me and a bunch of books, although I'm hoping to convince some Oklahoma friends to come and sit with me. (Hint, Roen, Amber, Crystal, ETC, Kent, Trixie, ER, TL, hint.) Sometime that month, MBDD will available nationwide, and I'll do a mailing to all the libraries in Oklahoma. I hope to schedule more book signings, particular near Christmas, but we'll see how that goes.
      Also in October will be "Twilight," in which I will cheerfully torment some cocky role-players I know. That should be fun. It always is. Well, for me.
      Hey, did I mention that I'm already working on my Christmas cards? Don't you just hate me? Don't do that, or you won't get one, and this year's card will include another one of my Tales From Bethlehem, my somewhat different and -- I hope -- humorous look at the events of the Nativity. This year, we're going to be hearing from one of these: a sheep named Lostest, the manger itself (!), or a live report from Bethlehem's own KBET ace news wench Dabahia of Rome.
      I had a weird blood sugar episode tonight where it dropped really low. Made me feel very bad. I can't figure out why it did. Very annoying.
      Did I mention that I wasn't nominated for an Okie Blog Award this year? Not that I'm bitter. And if people are torn apart mysteriously by robot monkeys, it's just a coincidence. Really. And I would feel bad about it. Heehee.
      At my book signing, a very nice lady brought her copy of Murder by Dewey Decimal for me to sign and also handed me a written review of it. She has allowed me to post it here and on Lulu. Thanks, Shirley.
      Murder by Dewey Decimal is a real page turner! The character development is finely drawn, and the reader is immediately connected to Bernard, Lisa, and the Chief -- you feel you know them and understand them. The narrative and dialogue are both witty and fast-paced, and the ending a total surprise. I am a voracious reader, and I have not been as completely entertained in a long time! I look forward with great expectations to the next book in the series.
      -Shirley S., September 2007

      And on that lovely note, I'll close for the evening. Have a great night.
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was nice review. :)

I'm sure the book signings back home will be a big success. Take lots of pictures and have a good time!
Crystal

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely try to make it to the fall festival. It would be an honor to sit beside a local celebrity!

Have a great Thursday!

SBB said...

Yes, it was a nice review, Crystal. Hint, hint ...

TL, that would be cool!

Anonymous said...

Gee, sounds like a party is in the works. I feel left out on the left coast! :(

* * *

Ha! I was just thinking of starting work on my Christmas cards--so I'm not too far behind you. I'm already looking forward to the installment of Tales from Bethlehem. :)

* * *

What's "Twilight?"

* * *

I like Shirley. :)

* * *

Have a good time with the book signings!!

Unknown said...

They say a prophet is never popular in his home town. ;)

FF, "Twilight" is just another torture test from Tech for some long time college buddies. :)

suzannejb8 said...

just ran across your blog - cool - especially the quote on the God/existance arguments - I'll be back :-)

SBB said...

Thanks for dropping by, Suzanne!