Saturday, September 22, 2007

The 3rd book signing

       Today's book signing went well. About 30 people came by and talked with me at my table. I spoke to a few people in the morning about using Lulu to publish books and then sat and visited with the people who came by. I sold 15 books and passed out a lot of bookmarks and business cards. The library had plenty of snacks and drinks for attendees.
       I particularly enjoyed talking with: Charlene, Harold, Earlene, Diane, Mary Ann and Tommy. Tommy was my high school journalism and English teacher, and Mary Ann is Crystal's aunt as well as my one-time co-author of several articles for a college newspaper. It was wonderful to see both of them. And I went to school with Diane so she sat down, and we caught up. It was a very good day. I didn't get as many photos I wished, but I did get a few.
      My next book signing will be here in Ada at the October Fall Festival on October 13. TL and his lovely wife Mel are going to work my booth with me. I actually don't expect many sales then, but it's a way to keep my book out there in the public's eye. And I might be surprised by the sales. Who knows? This is all new to me, and I learn something every time.
      And now I'm exhausted. Going to call it a night now. Y'all take care, and I'll talk to you tomorrow. Night!










 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the library even provided snacks??

You just wait, when the word spreads how good the book is, you'll be (more) famous! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats Tech. Glad it's going so well.

Rain said...

Hey Handsome!

Isn't wonderful when you have the opportunity to run into old friends :)

Congratulations!

Jean said...

Congratulations. I'm glad to hear the signings have been going so well. And what a bonus to be able to catch up with people you haven't seen in awhile!

Anonymous said...

It appears your book signing at Muldrow went well and you sold more books! Yay! And you got to visit with my aunt and Diane, both great ladies. :)

I'm sorry your hotel wasn't more comfortable. Although, I don't know what your roomie was complaining about. It had to be a step up from camping in a tent! :)

Crystal

SBB said...

Yeah, FF, snacks! Fruit, cake, cheese platter, veggies and dip, and fruit punch. Good eating!

Thanks, Michelle. I appreciate your support! Someday I'll make it to Oregon for a book signing -- hey, it could happen -- and you can show me the beauties of your state -- besides you, of course!

Rain, sweetie, get those eyes checked! :) It was great to talk to my friends after all those years.

Thanks, Jean. It's been grand. I just wish my blogging friends could be there. We'd have a blast!

They are great ladies, Crystal, and it was joy to see them. They both asked about you, and I told them what I usually do when people ask about you: "Prison helped Crystal a lot, and she's doing much better now that she's kicked the meth habit and stopped street walking. Pray for her ..." :)