Wednesday, August 15, 2007

MBDD doings & MBTA news

      If you found any errors in Murder by Dewey Decimal, please let me know before Friday. I have to approve MBDD for retail distribution then. This is the last chance I'll have to correct anything like misspellings or left out words. Once it's approved for distribution, it's out of my hands. So far, Kent has submitted the only error in the Lulu editions. (I left out one word.) I'm hoping you haven't found anything, but if you have, let me know before Friday. Please note this final correction is for copy editing errors only. Major plot flaws (!) I'll just have to live with.
      Four to six weeks after Friday, MBDD should be available through wholesalers, which should mean that it will be available through Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble and other online retailers as well as ordering through local bookstores. I hope it works out like that.
      I have my first book signings scheduled! That's exciting. And a bit scary, too. What if no one shows up? Or what if hundreds do? Okay, the last one isn't scary. More of a dream. Anyway, I'll be adding a schedule on the sidebar that will list my book signings should any of my blogging buddies (who live near them) want to attend.
      The book plates are ready to go. If you've purchased a book, you can receive a free autographed book plate by emailing your mailing address. The deluxe bookplates are numbered 1-100. After the first hundred, there won't be any more of the deluxe plates. 10 are already gone. So email me fast! The email address is issacskye AT gmail dot com. I'll try to post a picture of the bookplates today or tomorrow.
      Woohoo! The books just arrived. I had ordered some books for the book signings and the UPS lady delivered them. I've opened the boxes to inspect them, and they look good. Packed nicely and neatly. I'm supposed t take one by the local library tomorrow as well as the bookmarks for the book signings. I only made 250 bookmarks. Yes, I made them. They were too expensive online, and they didn't look as good as what I could produce. The library told me that they could easily give away a hundred or so. Every bit of adverting helps.
      I contacted a local shopper that publishes community events and told them about the book signing here. They said they would publish it in their September issue. Very cool.
      What else? The air conditioner on my house is trying to die. Fortunately I have a window unit for my bedroom so I'm doing okay. My roomie says he's doing okay, but I'm trying to convince him to buy a unit for his bedroom. Our house isn't that large, and two window units would mostly cool it, except for the living room, which unfortunately doesn't have any windows (just a sliding glass door) so I don't know what to do about that. The heat and air guys are supposed to come out this afternoon or tomorrow and work on in the central air unit. I hope it's repairable. It's over 30 years old, though, and probably needs to be replaced. There's everything in the world but enough money, ya know.
      This Friday, I plan on having the first excerpt from Murder by the Acre, the sequel to Murder by Dewey Decimal. More bodies, more bloodshed, more mayhem. Fun, eh? And now I'll have to go back to work. Talk to you later.
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If your A/C isn't fixable, there are stand-alone A/C's out there. That would solve the problem of what to do in the living room. Perhaps your roomie might get one of those, which you guys could keep in the living room, and he could move it to his room at bedtime. The good news is I saw them at Home Depot the other day--they're clearing them out. I'm sure every other store is probably doing the same thing.

What comes after the deluxe plates?

Are you coordinating the book signings yourself? I was just wondering what goes into that.

It's all so exciting! :)

SBB said...

FF, the problem is that the standalones need a vent outside and I'm not sure how that would work with the sliding glass door. But I'll get to Home Depot and see what I can find out.

Well, nothing after the deluxe plates. I might make up smaller autograph stickers, but mostly I'd rather sign people's books at the signings. I wanted the plates to be special.

Yup. I called the library and asked if they did books signings, and then the librarian worked out the details. They do them all the time, she said. And my sister is the branch manager at the other two libraries I have signings at so I set them up through her. Anyway, I plan on calling a local bookstore here and asking them. And then in a bookstore in a town where I used to leave, but I figure I just call places and ask. If they say no, no big deal. If they say yes, cool. And I'm going to set up a display in my office and push them here. :) I've got to scrape enough money together to get a poster or two made. That's one thing I can't make on my computer.

Oh, five of those first 10 bookplates are yours, of course. You have numbers 4, 6, 7, 8 & 9. TL has number 1, my roomie has number 2, Crystal has 3, Kay has 5, and number 10 is Roen. Those are already reserved.

It's exciting. A bit daunting, too, but there's nothing to do except to do it.

Anonymous said...

What about a pet door for a sliding door? Stick the vent out the opening Fido would come in, if you had one. Or, there's just plain ol' plexiglass with a hole cut in it.

Erudite Redneck said...

Seems like you left a word out on page 131. Seems like it was an article, in a direct quote. Seems like I made a mental note when I saw it. The book's in the other room. This is from memory. ... If you find a missing word near the bottom of page 131, then the mind is an amazing thing. If note, I was dreaming. :-)

SBB said...

Your mind, ER, is an amazing thing. So now the count stands at two. One found by Kent and one found by ER. Anyone else?

Anonymous said...

LOL! I read the blog and sent an e-mail right away before comming here. I said and I quote "one of the ten should be mine!" And it is! YAH! I feel special. I'm a ten!
Love yah!
Roen

Erudite Redneck said...

LOLOLOL (gasp) LOLOL. I'm only laughing because -- LOLOL -- I can't believe it. Wow!

Sorry that there was a gooflet, Tech. Very. very comforted by the fact that I noticed it and remembered how to tell you to find it.

Now, if I can remember to rfeed my dogs in the morning before I go to work, I'll really impress myself! :-) (Tjey;re on az new twice-a-day, weight-loss regimen.)

SBB said...

Jean found two more errors. Good job, Jean! (I tried to email you, Jean, but your spam filter said my email was suspect and you'd have to open the suspect email folder to read it.)