Friday, August 03, 2007

Grand things

      Apparently my pain meds make me nauseous. So either my foot can hurt or I can feel like I'm going to throw up all the time. Whee. Isn't life grand.
      Speaking of grand -- without sarcasm this time -- visit Frenzied Feline's blog Life Happens to see a photo of the Murder by Dewey Decimal tote bag and a MBDD button. Very cool.
      Another grand thing is people are starting to receive their copies of MBDD. I've had several people call me to let me know they have arrived. The book looks good! I'm pleased.
      A third grand thing is that I went to dinner last night with TL and his lovely wife Mel. I met them when I cast them in The Vigil. They're smart, funny, enthusiastic and young, with lots of plans for their future. I always feel energized after spending time with them. Whatever else I can say about the local theater group -- and trust me, I could say plenty -- it did allow me to meet people that I might never have met otherwise. Admittedly a handful weren't people I ever wanted to meet, but for the most part, I've met wonderful people. I am grateful to the theater group for that if nothing else. (This Sunday marks my last theater group meeting.)
      In the non-so-grand category, Cafepress.com has decided to increase the cost of most of their T-shirts by $3 and the Tile Box by $4. The increase won't take place until later in August, although they haven't given a date yet. If you were going to buy any MBDD T-shirts or the Tile Box, you should do it soon to avoid their price increase. According to their press release about the shirt increase: "We are adding a charge to cover the additional cost of materials and labor required when printing in multiple areas on garments. We held off on implementing this charge as long as possible, but we have found that our volume has reached a point where it is necessary to offset the costs associated with multiple prints." Well, whatever. I think I can remove the printing on the back of the shirts and avoid the cost increase, but I will have to find out. Anyway, if you want any shirts or the Tile Box, now is the time. I'm going to buy a couple more now so that I can get the printing on the back at the current price.
      Also in the not-so-grand category, I got an email from Lulu that said my book probably won't be at the wholesalers until October. This is a major upset in my publicity plans. Of course, people can buy it at Lulu, but there are plenty of people who prefer to use their local bookstores and online retailers like Amazon, not to mention libraries won't buy it until it's from a wholesaler. Major bummer.
      Speaking of major bummers, it's time to get ready for work. Talk to you later. Have a good day.
 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey those are minor bummers! You have had worse problems and I will get the shirt soon. I haven't gotten my book yet and they said it shipped last friday ;(
Roen

Anonymous said...

I would have commented earlier, but just got out of a LONG meeting. I am glad we participated in the theater group, as meeting you has definitely been a highlight of moving to Ada.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Roen said. I was thinking that those weren't such bad bummers, as bummers go.

Wanna hear about a good thing? I had someone ask me about the MBDD button on my purse today. It's almost tempting to make up windshield flyers and put them on the cars on the B&N parking lot. ;)

Anonymous said...

Since you're going to use your theater group meeting as your reason for not posting tomorrow, don't you think you should post something today? ;)