Thursday, August 09, 2007

First reviews

      These are the first reviews of Murder by Dewey Decimal. The first one was posted on Erudite Redneck and reposted here and at Lulu by permission of ER.

Murder by Dewey Decimal 8 Aug 2007
by Erudite Redneck
      My bloggy buddy and friend Tech (51313 Harbor Street), who is from the same one-horse, two-dog town I'm from in eastern Oklahoma, has done wrote hisself a book, "Murder by Dewey Decimal."
      It's good. I don't read much fiction for the same reason most people don't like history: The first history they read bored them. Well, most of the fiction I read early on bored me.
      "Murder by Dewey Decimal" is not boring. Danged if Tech didn't get me caring about the characters right off the bat. I've laughed out loud more than a few times, and moaned once or twice, at Tech's turns of phrase, and the words he puts in his characters' mouths.
      Interesting to me personally is that I can hear small-town voices and world views in this book, which, of course, is set in a small town in Oklahoma. He mentions our hometown, and mentions the suburb I live in now, which are just fun bonuses.
      "Murder by Dewey Decimal" came in Monday's mail and I've almost finished it. Now, I would never say anything negative about it, Tech being my friend, if I thought it -- I'd just be quiet.
      The fact that 1., I don't care for much fiction; 2., I am giving his book a positive report; and 3., I think I got my money's worth from buying it -- all that should count for something.
      Check it out -- ha ha, a little library humor there!
      What I mean is: Buy it.

Murder by Dewey Decimal 26 Jul 2007 (updated 26 Jul 2007)
by Mark
      An incredible tale that is made even better by being so believable. Great characters, lots of suspense, terrific plot what more could you ask from a book. I loved it!

Murder by Dewey Decimal 25 Jul 2007
by Jolene
      Murder by Dewey Decimal will keep you up late because you won't want to put it down--it keeps you guessing. It's the first in a series, and I can't wait for the next one!

Murder By Dewey Decimal 24 Jul 2007 (updated 24 Jul 2007)
by E.T.C.
      I found this book to be an excellent read. It is very well written and the characters really come to life as the story advances. It develops real suspense as you come to relate with and root for Barnard and Lisa. I like the setting in a smaller, more rural environment where a murder like this would rock the town to its foundation. Things like this do happen and the story is very believable and is also logical. I enjoyed trying to figure out the mystery before it is finally revealed in the end. I can't wait for the next one in the series!

 
Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tech, I finished your book last night. It was thoroughly enjoyable with humor, suspense, and characters I cared about. I'm looking forward to the next one in the series!

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria. I appreciate that.

Erudite Redneck said...

Feel free to hypertext a link to my blog ... :-)

SBB said...

Uh, there is a link to your blog in the first paragraph of the post. Would you like another one?

Erudite Redneck said...

Ah, sorry. Must be yer font or something. Doesn't show as a link here unless I roll over it. :-) My bad.

Anonymous said...

lol i didn't even think of reviewing it! I was telling everyone here and setting up a list of people to show it to but actually tell the writer? Oh well, Hey Tech Loved it. Finished it the day I got it! Of course I just skimmed the first half from the blogg.
Roen

SBB said...

ER, I bolded your link and added two more links to your blog. :)

Thanks, Roen! You're a doll!

Erudite Redneck said...

:-) Thanks. I'm shameless.

Mark said...

Tech, I just found out you published a book. Congratulations! I always knew you were a great author. Good luck with sales.

Is it published by an actual publisher or did you self publish it?

I want to read it and as soon as i can afford it, I will order a copy.

I like fiction.