Sunday, July 29, 2007

First T-shirt sighting

       Yesterday I was invited to a housewarming for my roomie's son's family. I received a cool surprise. My roomie had ordered a Murder by Dewey Decimal T-shirt -- which I knew -- but I didn't know it had arrived. He wore it to the housewarming! This was my first time to see the t-shirt. (Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it this week). It looked good. Nice quality and clear bold printing. I was delighted. And the T-shirt led to his mom and dad purchasing a copy of MBDD. Here's my roomie and his parents.



      It was a nice surprise in a very nice day. The house, by the way, is lovely. My roomie's son and daughter-in-law have a great home and wonderful children. Good food, good people, good conversation, and a book order! That's a good day.
       Tomorrow will be my birthday. I'm just telling you before Frenzied Feline does -- I let the cat out of bag on hers and expect her to do the same to me. I have to work, which isn't fun, but I should receive some phone calls from friends and family and those always are.
      Today I'm working on the family newsletter and finishing the patron drive for my local theater group. Next Sunday afternoon will complete my commitment to the theater group, and I promise you that if I allow myself to get talked into doing something else for them, you're may slap me. Hard. But I feel safe in saying that my involvement with the group is done for a while.
      And now I'm going to call some people to harass them for their newsletter article. Wish me luck and have a great day.

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in paperback HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal in hardcover HERE!

Order Murder by Dewey Decimal merchandise HERE!
 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Tech! I will buy the book as soon as I get paid. Congratulations ont he publication!

SBB said...

Thanks, Slim. I appreciate your support.

Anonymous said...

You twerp! You're probably hard to give a surprise party for, too, right? ;)

How cool! Roomie and folks look like a fun bunch!

I got an email that my tote bag and button are on their way. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, Tech-ie, dear,...

(Ask your roomie about that song :)

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
(In spite of work!)

Rain said...

Hi Tech!

Congratulations on the publication of MBDD! I am so happy for you :)

FYI
Have you heard that Dr. David Graham from the Food&Drug Admin. wants the diabetes drug Avandia pulled from the market because of heart risks? If you are taking the drug, call your doctor.

Happy birthday Tech! (((hugs)))

Trixie said...

Happy birthday, deeaaarrrr Tech, Happy birthday toooo youuuuuuuuuuu. And many more! And many book sales! Woot!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could make the fonts nice and BIG so I could wish you HB in REALLY BIG LETTERS but I guess I will have to settle for these scrawny teeny tiny inadequately little letters. Happy Birthday anyway! Loe AmberClear

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I know you have my present but can't use it. Keep trying it is worth it.
Roen

Jean said...

Cool, Tech. Check the blog on Saturday -- MBDD is in my next BookPack giveaway.

I'll also be ordering a copy for myself. I haven't forgotten I said I'd write a review, either. I need to get over this crud, get caught up at work, and spend even more time with hubby over the weekend. I hope by mid-August won't be too late for the review.

Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Tech :)

Bri said...

That's wonderful! The shirt looks great, btw. :)

SBB said...

FF, you are correct on the surprise party, but only because I've never had anyone attempt to give one to me! Hey, I want to see a pic of you wearing the button and carrying the tote. :) Thanks for the happy birthday!

Thank you, Rain! For the congrats and the happy birthday. No, I don't take Avandia. I take Actos.

Thank you, Trixie! Beautiful e-voice. :)

Thank you, Amber, and love ya, too!

Thanks, Roen. I'll keep trying to get your presents to work. I can't wait until I can adventure alongside ya!

Wow, Jean! Thank you! And a review is welcome whenever you can do it. I'm honored you're willing.

Thank you, Michelle. And you have a lovely voice on the phone. You, me and FF need to form a trio!

Thanks, Bri. I'm pleased with how the shirt came out. You never know when you order off the Net, but so far, Cafepress hasn't disappointed me.

Michelle said...

Yeah!

We all could be like Tony Orlando and Dawn..and the other girl. Well in his TV Show there was another back up girl but she didn't quite get the bill. Since you and Frenzied most likely have the better voices, I'd be happy just to wear the pretty dresses (and smile a lot). :)

SBB said...

Wasn't Dawn both of the girls? Like they were a due called Dawn?

Anonymous said...

Yes, both girls were a duo called Dawn, so that doesn't get Michelle out of anything! ;)

SBB said...

Cool! I have backup singers! Life is good.

Michelle said...

Darn it! I figured the funny girl was Dawn...

Michelle said...

And what is it with the "Dawn" thing? Why not call them Sunrise, or Morning Sun or something you wouldn't confuse for a name? All these years, and I thought her name was Dawn.

I think I just lost a little love for Tony.

*sigh*

SBB said...

Well, we can call you and FF the "Sunrise Babes." And then it will be "Tech and the Sunrise Babes."