Monday, July 23, 2007

Countdown to MBDD launch ...



       Would you believe I found two more misspellings in Murder by Dewey Decimal tonight? I have a character whose name is Veit, but I misspelled it as Viet. In only two places, but it makes me glad I did this final read-through. I've only found a handful of errors. My proofreaders did a good job. Thanks again, Crystal, ETC, Frenzied Feline and Jean. Y'all are awesome.
      Tomorrow night I intend to read the whole book again. One last time before it's approved. This is absolutely my last chance to catch anything. From Wednesday on, the book is out of my hands. And weirdly enough, while I'll be glad to see it published, I also find myself wanting to hold on to it a bit longer. It's my baby, and right now, it belongs only to me. Wednesday I'll be sharing it with -- I hope -- a lot of people. So I'm enjoying these last few hours of it belonging solely to me. I said it was weird, didn't I?
      Today was okay at work. A good thing. Too many days like last Wednesday, and I think I'd just walk off my job. And not look back. Hey, if you could walk away from your job right now, what would you do? What is your dream career? Mine is being a writer. To spend my days in words, that would be awesome.
      I think I'm going to read another chapter in MBDD and then call it a night. I hope your day went well. Talk to you tomorrow. Night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it was bugging me. I was pretty sure that Viet was something I pointed out, so I looked it up on my copy. I did. So, on what else did you ignore me?? ;)

I feel the same way about projects I work on. I make myself crazy looking for "one more thing" to fix.

It's a disease. :)

Michelle said...

I know too well about the job woes. I have found myself on the edge of reason just wanting a way out. If I could, if I only could, I wouldn't be "there". I would be traveling, taking photos at every opportunity. Capturing moments people treasure and sharing them with their families and friends. How in the world I will ever get there, is beyond me...

Divine intervention, perhaps.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the launch. How absolutely exciting for you :)

SBB said...

It truly is a disease, FF. I'm not sure what the name of it is.

Michelle, I hope and pray you find a better job soon. You certainy deserve better. And by the way, that's a great photo of you!

Anonymous said...

If I could walk away and pursue any career it would be, without question, in politics.

Trixie said...

I'm so excited for you being this close to your launch! Congratulations!

SBB said...

TL, I don't know why you haven't ran for some offices here. A career has to start somewhere. Why not run for city council?

Thanks, Trixie! Launch is getting close.