Saturday, June 23, 2007

Quickies

      Don't have a lot of time, but I thought I'd share a few quick news items.
      Mikey has a new brother. Jay was born Monday, and mother and baby are doing well. Photos to follow soon.
      Mikey came to visit Friday night. It was wonderful to see him. His Papa took him to see his baby brother this afternoon. He was very excited about his new brother. He's a very loving child.
      I received a box of Holly Lisle books Friday! Including a signed, hardcover copy of her bestselling and wonderful fantasy Talyn. Since I'd already bought one for myself -- unsigned -- I'll be giving away the unsigned copy in the July Giveaway. In fact, I'm trying to work out how to do a whole week of Holly Lisle giveaways. We'll see how my budget is in July, but I think I can work the postage out.
      On her blog, Rain of Rainy Day Wonderings featured a photo of the prizes she received in the June Giveaway and said some very nice things about my writings. Very cool! Thanks, Rain.
      Murder by Dewey Decimal should be transmitted tomorrow to Lulu. I attempted to transmit it Friday afternoon and discovered some formatting errors in it when it was converted to a PDF (the file format required by Lulu). So I had to spend this afternoon and evening fixing the problems. I have Chapters 1-7 ready to go and will finish it tomorrow after church.
      Prayer requests: My niece who has been in the hospital for nearly two weeks suffering from a Crohn's flare. My younger sister who is halfway through chemo. My older sister who needs strength to care for my niece and my sister. My sister-in-law whose father is gravely ill. My cousin J. who was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and is having a terrible adjustment period. Our nation so we find a way to heal the many ills that afflict us.
      And that's all the time I have tonight. Have a good night, and someday we will rise to meet a glorious dawn.

No comments: