Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Good Wednesday morn to ya!

      Well, it's official. The excerpts drive away most of this blog's audience. I guess I won't be able to post them here anymore. I will post them on the Murder by Dewey Decimal blog and announce it here, but no more excerpts on Harbor Street. Or at least I will rarely post them here.
      My site meter shows that when excerpts are posted, I have fewer visits and those that do visit stay for less time. Frankly, I'm surprised. I didn't think my life was that interesting compared to my fiction. Even my good friend Randall admitted that he wasn't interested in MBDD, and he usually reads everything I write.
      Oh well. That's what the MBDD blog is for. I have a special affection for Bernard, Lisa and the chief, and I'm sorry my readers don't share it. I think they're interesting people, and Ryton has at least as many dark secrets as Darkness does.
      Last night, I was actually not at play rehearsal. I had too many cast members who had other obligations so I canceled practice. Yes, I know they're only 14 days away from their opening, but when you only have three cast members out of eight, you really can't rehearse. I came home, did laundry, posted several times on the play blog and printed the tickets for the play. It was nice to watch TV and putter around the house.
      I talked to my sister last night. She had her first round of chemo Friday, and it made her really sick. She was doing a little better when we spoke and hoped that she'd be able to return to work today. Please continue to remember her in your prayers. She still has nearly 17 weeks of chemo left.
      I'm adapting slowly to the diabetes meds and diet. It's a huge change in my life, but I'm hoping that I will feel better and be healthier when this adaptation period is over. That's the plan, anyway. I'd sure like to have more energy. There are a thousand and one projects I'd like to spend some time and energy on.
      We're having a rainy April here. It's rained almost every day for the past week, and it looks like it's going to rain again today. We need the rain after the years of drought. The lakes and ponds are still not filled up. Everything is green and lovely. This weekend I hope I can get out with my camera and take some photos.
      Time to go to work. Talk to you later!
 

9 comments:

Trixie said...

Tech, I'm so sorry I haven't gotten in to reading your excerpts. It's not for lack of interest, but for lack of consistent time. I was afraid of getting started for fear of not being able to follow it, with all I had going on here. I'm glad that you have created a separate blog for it!!

I know the transition into recognizing yourself as "diabetic" is hard. At least you've gotten some medical support and education on it. My doctor just said "you're diabetic." I've been in the denial mode as much as possible because a. I have no insurance. b. I can't afford to go to the doctor. c. I don't want to know.

So I try to do the things I know to do and hope that I'm not doing more harm.

Don't be like me. I serve as the poster child of "Terrible Example."

Here's to your good health!

SBB said...

Trixie, thanks for the support. I don't have any insurance, either. I'm scrambling to afford this care, but my dad was a diabetic, and I know what it can do to a person untreated. So somehow, I'm going to afford this. I might have to get a second job, but if I have to, well, I have to. I've noticed several 'Help Wanted' ads for convenience store personnel. I think I could sell a Big Gulp just as good as the next person! :)

Oh, by the way, I changed the quote and the scrollies today. Just a heads up for those who keep track of such things.

Michelle said...

I read, I just haven't been much for commenting, or writing in general. I'm sorry if I left you feeling unappreciated. ;)

I am glad your getting control of your diabetes. You will feel and be, better. *hugs*

Rain said...

Hi tech, Thank you for posting MBDD, I really have enjoyed reading the story. I will be looking forward to each post on the MBDD blog.

My heart and prayers go out to your sister. Chemo is really rough and I hope that she is surrounded by positive people.

Living with diabetes will change your life in many positive ways. When I was diagnosed, I was terrified. You see, both of my parents had diabetes, each of them had different attitudes and the ultimate consequences and costs for their choices. My dad quit drinking alcohol, lost a hundred pounds and choose to see living with diabetes as an adventure. Twenty years later, he no longer has to take meds. and he checks his blood once a week. My mom on the other hand mourned the loss of any lifestyle change, lived in denial and passed away five years after her diagnosis. I choose the positive path and it is good to hear you are doing the same.

Just a suggestion, perhaps you should contact Rx Assist http://www.rxassist.org/ they may be able to assist you in getting your medication and supplies free of cost. Or for a list of Contact Information for Major Pharmaceutical Companies that supply their drugs free of charge go to : http://www1.nmha.org/infoctr/FAQs/contactpharmacies.cfm

Also thanks for your cheers and friendship, it means a lot to me. =0)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your work! I will got to the other site as soon as you post it. Thank you Rain I think the infor would be helpfull to me as well as tech.
Marie

Anonymous said...

Will you please post a blurb over here that you've added an excerpt over there? :)

You guys are scaring me. I wish I could help somehow.

Anonymous said...

"My site meter shows that when excerpts are posted, I have fewer visits and those that do visit stay for less time."

Good grief, did it ever occur to you that those visiting for less time are actually loyal readers returning to see if you've posted again, and when we find you haven't we move on? I don't linger over stuff I've already read. And you don't post nearly often enough! :)

Crystal

SBB said...

I wish that was true, Crystal, but the site meter also tracks locations. While I don't know who belongs to each location, I can track how many times those whos show up and how long they stay.

Anonymous said...

Uh..you'd make a great stalker..;)

Crystal