Friday, May 04, 2007

A busy life

       I have so much to do and no time to do it and, what's worse, no inclination to do any of it. I'd like to sit in my backyard with a book and a large iced tea and read or watch the clouds or nap. How's that for ambition?
      What do I need to do? Well, clean my house. I need to fold and put away laundry. I need to dust. I need to vacuum. I need to sweep and mop my kitchen floor. I need to take a flamethrower to the stuff in my fridge where the cottage cheese not only shows signs of life but has enrolled in several summer courses at the local college. I also need to pay bills and catch up on my filing.
      Writing? Is that what you asked about? Well, I need to work on Darkness, Oklahoma. I need to finish editing Murder by Dewey Decimal and prepare it to be published. I need to do two family newsletters. I need to collect and edit all my humor pieces and prepare them to be published. Somewhere in there, I'd like to finish Dragons Gather and Red Hot Sinner Man. And write enough on Figments and Queen of the Summerset Ballroom to see if they're good plays or not.
      For the play I'm currently directing, I need to: prepare the program, write the publicity story, take the cast photo, print the patron labels and return labels, write the patron letter, get the air conditioner installed on the set, get the piano cleaned up and finish decorating the set. The theater lobby and auditorium need to be cleaned, too, but that's going to have to be a problem for someone else.
      What else? Well, I'd like to get some flowers planted and my lawn needs to be mowed and my car needs to be vacuumed and take a nap and walk in the park and learn to cook diabetic-approved meals and and and and ... Life sure is busy, isn't it?
      By the way, my friend Crystal is absolutely awesome! I've known this for years, but yesterday it was confirmed yet again. She mailed me two books to help me with diabetes, the first being a diabetic cookbook filled with easy and what look to be delicious recipes and the second a collection of tips for dealing with diabetes. Thank you, Crystal! I appreciate your support.
      I received my calendar today. Did I mention I used Lulu.com to create a calendar using my photos? I ordered one to see what it looked like. It's not bad, but I need to change a couple of photos that didn't reproduce as well as I had hoped. So it's still not ready to be sold to the public. I'll let you know when it is.
      Play rehearsal again tonight. We've got a couple of trouble spots in the second act that we're going to work on tonight. Overall, it's coming along nicely.
      Speaking of the theater, I need to get down there. Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Dude. I am so there. I've sopent all day so far just on the kitchen.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, and I hope that means I never have to hear about sending you a spider again. :)

Today, I fixed the toilet. The lever inside the tank that holds the chain snapped off, and I fixed it all by myself! Yay! And I only had to make ONE trip to the hardware store. Woot! I think that's enough for today. Tomorrow I'll worry about laundry, dishes, dusting, grocery shopping and the lawn...the rest of this afternoon will be spent browsing through interior decorating magazines and checking up on everyone's blogs.

Crystal

SBB said...

ER, we need maids ... pretty maids ... pretty maids in those little maid outfits ... yeah ...

Well, Crystal, I can't promise to not mention the spider again, but I'll try to keep the mentions down in number. Congrats on the home improvement project! Soon you'll building all sorts of things, including gazebos!