Friday, April 20, 2007

Updating

      It's been a miserable time here. I go back to the doctor this morning for -- I hope -- some new drugs that work. Or something that works. What we've been doing hasn't been working at all.
      The play did get a cast selected for it, but I haven't been down there much. I simply haven't been able. I hate to leave the play in a lurch, but one of the cast members is a good director in her own right and she's keeping them in line.

*

      Well, it's much later now. I've been to the doctor and am home again with new drugs and more needle holes as they took more blood for me. I wonder if they're selling it to a local blood bank or something. I'm hoping the new drugs will make a major difference; it's still too early to tell.
      As for what's wrong with me, I should have an answer Monday when they start giving me results from the tests. Disappointingly, apparently there is something wrong. They're fairly sure that I have diabetes and sleep apnea and maybe something else. Truthfully, I suspected that I was a diabetic for a couple of months now, but I was hoping I was wrong. We'll know Monday, I hope, and then they'll decide on the medication and diet and lifestyle changes. We'll go from there. But the doctor thought I'd just have to take a pill and not the shots. So that's something positive.
      Anyway, I don't what else to say. I'm still pretty sick, the test results aren't back, and I'll just have to wait until they are. Yeah, I'm depressed. That's life sometimes. But I'll bounce back.
      I hope things are going okay for you. I do think about you and this blog and those excerpts. I suspect that's not much consolation. I'm going to lay down for a while. If I feel better when I get up, I'll try to post an excerpt. No promises, but I'll try. Talk to you later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Crystal

Erudite Redneck said...

Damn.

Just a heartfelt damn.

Anonymous said...

this is not that bad. I have several friends and coworkers with it and they have ocasional problems but live fine. Which type do they think you have?
Roen