Friday, April 06, 2007

A busy, sad day

      I had a busy day. I worked this morning and then spent the afternoon mired in paperwork, laundry, errands and other upkeep.
      I also received sad news this afternoon. My Uncle Junior Lee passed away. His funeral is tomorrow. He was my Aunt Edith's husband. Junior Lee was a farmer his whole life. He was a good, decent, steady man who provided for his family. He didn't talk a lot in crowds, but he was always kind to me as a child and listened to me attentively as an adult. He was a good friend to my father, and they would get together and discuss farming and life. He had been fighting cancer for several years now, receiving a blood transfusion every couple of weeks. We all knew it was only a matter of time, but I don't think anyone is ever ready to let go of someone you love.
      My heart goes out to his children and my aunt. They will be in my prayers and thoughts.
      I don't really have much else to say. Have a good night, and I'll be back tomorrow. I have to be so that I can nag FF.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I am sorry Tech. My Prayers go out to your Aunt, his children and all your family. And you...

Rain said...

Aww, I am so sorry about your Uncle, Tech.

You and your entire family will be in my prayers.

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Sounds like the world lost a good man.

Nag away--I'm stubborn. ;)