Friday, March 09, 2007

Sky

I hope I'm there
when your wings break
through the skin.
I hope I see
when they stir strongly
against the wind.
I hope I feel
your joy as you rise
on those first strokes.
I hope I taste
the sweet rain
as you leave the earth behind.
I hope I hear
you laugh as you realize
you were made for flight
and never will touch
the ground again
or feel gravity's pull
or taste bitter defeat
or see tears --

I hope I'm there, my love,
I hope I'm there.

The sky beckons ...

Copyright 2007. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

*sigh*

I love your poetry.

Rain said...

A strong and heartfelt poem, Tech

night-rider said...

It's beautiful TECH - you have such deep love in you.

SBB said...

That's one of the things I like about you, Michelle! :)

Thank you, Rain

Thank you, Nightrider, and it's good to see you again!