Saturday, February 10, 2007

Another busy Saturday

      Thursday's post on heaven generated and continues to generate interesting comments. Feel free to continue to comment there even though there are new posts. (I just commented there myself.) I'm not trying to shut down the discussion. I appreciate the courage and openess of all those who commented. It seems that people are often relucant to discuss spiritual matters these days. I'm not sure why. Perhaps we're just all trying to avoid arguments and unpleasantness. Religious discussions often devolve into senseless brawls so I understand anyone's reluctance. Who needs that kind of grief?
      But the comments so far have been pleasant even though forceful. That's a delicate skill that too few people have these days, and I appreciate it.
      Today, I mostly did housework and ran errands. I worked on the January Gazette and hope to finish it tomorrow. Or at least begin printing portions of it. There are two aunts that I need to talk to, and I suspect I won't reach them until Monday night, but if I can get all the other pages printed by then, I should be able to mail it Tuesday or Wednesday. Then I will start work on the February issue. I had hoped to finish it before rehearsals on The Vigil started, but that's probably not going to happen. Still, I should be able to finish it before the end of the month.
      I'm going to try to continue to write on Darkness, Oklahoma even during the weeks of rehearsal. I don't want to leave the story. I find it difficult to hold a whole world in my head anyway and to start and stop constantly only makes it more difficult. Besides, I don't want to stop writing on it. Darkness is an interesting place. I keep finding more wonders in it. It has enough stories in it to keep me busy for years. I hope I get the chance to tell them.
      Oh, this is exciting! I get to see Mikey tomorrow. He and his mom are going to visit for the afternoon. I'll try to take some photos of the little guy. Man, he's growing up, but he's still my "bestest buddy." Edited Sunday morning to add: I just found out that they won't be coming up. Mikey's mom isn't feeling well. What a complete bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing him.
      It's late so I'll close now. Talk to you tomorrow. Good night.
      

2 comments:

jeannie diane said...

Hi Tech,
I did not get the chance to read
all of the comments. But reading
what you wrote about Heaven. I
think you covered it VERY well.

I know it is a subject of much
debate. But when it comes down
it is really very simple.

I think some times people try
to make it into something hard.

Thanks,
Jeannie Diane

SBB said...

Thank you, Jeannie! I appreciate your comment.