Friday, February 23, 2007

First night of rehearsals

      We ran through the play for the first time last night. I wanted to give the cast an overall feel for the production. It went fairly well. I noted some rough places and some people who are going to need my attention, but all show promise. I had one person who withdrew from the production -- she didn't actually show up and sent word that she needed to be replaced -- but luckily I had a person who I didn't get to cast on the first round of auditions who stepped into the part. I hope we don't have any other drop-outs, but I'll deal with that if I have to.
      It was exciting to be down there again, I have to admit. I know that later in the month I will be exhausted at the nightly grind, but right now, I enjoyed it. As I was telling Crystal, it's a lot of fun to be able to tell a large group of people what to do and they do it! Must be the mad dictator in me.
      Down below is a photo of most of the cast. (One woman was late and missed this photo.) They're a good looking and enthusiatic group. I only hope I can help them put on a good play. A great play. THE GREATEST PLAY EVER!!! Okay, I'm a little excited about it. But it is a good show, they're a good cast, I have high hopes for this production.
      I'll be back down at the theater tonight. (That's where I've been, Amber. Sorry to have missed your call.) The whole cast won't be there as I'll be working with various handfuls of people over the next three weeks before we all gather again.
      That's pretty much all I have to report other than I finished the February family newsletter! I'm actually caught up. Over the weekend, I'll start working on the March issue. It's going to be a busy weekend. I need to do housework, write on Darkness, Oklahoma (Thought I had forgotten that, didn't ya?), update the theater's webpage to reflect the current production, get caught up on filing and paperwork, etc. It's going to be busy, but I'm feeling better and don't feel so exhausted. Maybe I've got this cold beat. I hope so.
      Y'all have a good day. Talk to you later!

1 comment:

Rain said...

That is a great looking group of people!

Have a great weekend!