Friday, January 05, 2007

Thumpin' Thursday

      I had a thumping headache most of Thursday. Sinuses, I guess. But I still managed to keep to my writing schedule and, with my roomie's help, take down the Christmas tree and inside decorations. Crystal thought I'd have trouble putting up my Christmas village because I enjoyed it so much, but that was no problem. I hated to put up my collection of Nativity sets since that truly ended Christmas this year for me. Everything is boxed, though, and sitting in my living room, waiting for the trip back to the attic this weekend.
      So far I'm ahead on my writing schedule, adding words daily to Darkness, Oklahoma. When I realized I was four days ahead -- I had a writing day when the words flowed -- I almost upped my schedule. But I realized that I always do that: keep adding things to my activity schedule until finally it overwhelms me or makes me so terribly pressured that I don't enjoy anything. I'll keep to what I have planned, and if I'm ahead, that will be great for those days when the words won't flow. My schedule is to write six days a week, 250 words (basically one page) for four days and 500 words (two pages) for two days. I know that seems slow, but it's something I can keep and finish Darkness, Oklahoma by the end of July. It also gives me time to edit Murder at the Witch's Cottage, publish my monthly family newsletter, and write on Floozy & Me.
      Thanks to everyone for the lively comments on yesterday's post. It's cool that several people from all over the place can have a conversation. Awesome.
      Sorry to cut this short, but I have to move my car so that it's not trapped by the cement trucks. Oh lovely day. Talk to you later.

9 comments:

SBB said...

Of course, having complimented you on the comments yesterday, I would get none on this one! Sigh.

Slim said...

Dude! You can't have a million comments all the time! We got lives! :)

Anonymous said...

Yesterday's post was great and I enjoyed reading all the comments.

Have a great weekend!

SBB said...

Slym, you have lives? No, really, why can't I have a million comments every day? :)

FF, you just got up at 10 a.m.? Lucky girl.

Thanks, Rain!

SBB said...

Okay, FF, you got up at 9. Lucky girl. :)

SBB said...

I'm awake and up at 6:30 a.m. most every day. It's quite annoying.

SBB said...

I wasn't aware we were in a contest, but trust me, I'm always willing to let someone wake up earlier than me. My back only lets me sleep fitfully and that's the reason I wake early these days.

SBB said...

You competitive California girls! :)

SBB said...

I miss sleeping deeply and for a long time. Oh well, I guess I'm getting more done this way!