Monday, November 27, 2006

Tired

      I think my muse is injured. I wrote extensively the past week, and now I can barely bear to post. I feel a bit of revulsion when I sit down at the computer. I think I overloaded my creativity engine or something. Or maybe my butt is simply tired of sitting.
      Which is bad because I have several projects that need my attention. In particular, the Tales from Bethlehem story for the Christmas cards I send out. For the past several years, I've written a story about the Nativity. Well, actually about people who could have have been at the Nativity or the minor characters. Like the stableboy and the serving maid at the inn. Last year, I told the story of the wise men's camels. This year, it's going to be the story of the star. I think. Or perhaps a shepherd's story. Don't know. My brain seems to be stalled, but I suspect it's working back there. I keep getting fleeting ideas, but nothing concrete yet. Well, it will eventually work out. Or my brain will explode, one of the two.
      I also need to be working on the family newsletter. Well, newsletters. I'm running behind as you know. And I'd like to be working on one of the novels I have started. Probably Darkness, Oklahoma since it's the one I’m most interested in at present. It’s early to be talking of New Year Goals, but one of mine will be to finish Darkness, Oklahoma and Dragons Gather. I'd also like to finish the play Figments. I have a host of other things that I'm planning, but we'll talk about that in January.
      Anyway, that's what I should be doing tonight. Instead I think I will watch TV. Oh well. Have a great day tomorrow. Night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, did the tv recharge your muse? Hey, don't they sell muse in with the hair products? If not I have a trickle charger you can use. Warning though, I wouldn't get on the computer untill you were fully charged or unplugged though. funny things have been known to happen.
Roen

Anonymous said...

How many words do you think you're away from finishing? 50K? I'm looking at trying to add that many to mine as well. Imma hafta steal your code for your progress meter. I'll join you if you wish. You name the game. I'll play it. TV is the devil. I got your inspiration right here:

http://www.projectplaylist.com/user/1091788/view

Play track 5 and by the time its done I promise you'll have your muse.

Trixie said...

My muse came in, ate my lunch, burped and left.

Michelle said...

LOL Trixie!

Whatever comment I had going in my head has now been suffocated with my laughter.

Erudite Redneck said...

Take a break! You deserve it! And thanks for your prayers.

SBB said...

Roen, TV doesn't recharge anything! And thanks for the offer of the tickle charger, but that's too shocking for me!

G.Smith, I aim for around 80,000 to 10,000 on books. Obviously I'm better at getting the first part than the last part. The middle ain't no picnic, either. If you click on the meter, it will take you to the site where I get the coding for my progress bars. I won't really be writing until after December, but if you'd like to start the new year with a writing contest, email me. And congrats on your NaNo win!

FF, muses are evil and mean. And for some reason, people always think of them as women. Why is that? :)

Trixie, I think I've dated your muse.

Michelle, did you remember that comment yet?

Thanks and you're welcome, ER.

Anonymous said...

Tech I offered a tRickle charger but I can come up with the tickle one too! laughter is the best med.
Roen