Monday, October 09, 2006

Tonight

      Please continue to remember my uncle John in your prayers. At present, he is unresponsive, but there are good medical indicators, too, so we'll just have to wait and see how things develop. Uncle John is my mother's brother and is the last living one of her siblings. I've only seen John twice over the past few years -- at my mother's funeral and then at my father's funeral. I don't know him very well, but he has always been kind to me. I'm hoping he will pull through.
      By the way, I finished the July family newsletter (finally) and would have mailed it today, but of course, it's a holiday. I have started on the August issue and hope to finish it over the next two weeks. (Actually I'd like to finish it this week and print it this weekend, but I don't think I can manage that with everything else going on. We'll see.)
      Speaking of this coming weekend, Mikey's coming to visit! I'm so excited. Nearly two days with that wonderful wild boy. It's going to be fun. Yes, I know I'm in the middle of a play, but I don't get to spent enough time with him, and frankly, he's more important by a thousand times. I'll still have two weekends before we open to get all the last-minute details done. I'm really looking forward to seeing him.
      No change on my back. It's improving, I think, but the improvements are measured in inches instead of miles so it's hard to tell. I am experiencing less pain overall. If I could just figure out how to get a good night's sleep, I think that would go a long way in making me feel better.
      Well, it's time to go to play practice. Have a good evening and a great tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Everyone is in my prayers. Have a good visit with Mikey.

Unknown said...

Prayers sent. Have fun with your visitor (nephew?). Just watch the back :)

Anonymous said...

I wonder what you have been teaching Mikey if Joel thinks you need to "watch your back" around him? I thought he loves you guys? Maybe I am just reading this all wrong. Hope and Prayers from here too. Have a great day.
Roen