Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday roundup

      Good news! My uncle John is doing better. He has been moved out of ICU and is talking to people. I got the impression that he's not making much sense right now, but I hope that will come. Please continue to nag the Big Guy about him. I appreciate your prayers on his behalf.
      We had play rehearsal this evening. It's coming together. We are now just two weeks and two days before the premiere. Yes, I'm nervous, but we're on track, and I think it should come together. I just have to finish the program and the poster. In fact, I will finish the poster tonight before I go to bed.
      We had a great visit with Michael. He's growing up so fast. He's smart and funny and sweet. Can you tell I dote on him? It's easy to love him because he's such a joy. It was quite depressing when his mother picked him, but he handled it better than I did. Or seemed to. And I'd rather he'd be happy.
      We've got a lot of rain today and tonight. I'm hoping that it rains tomorrow, too. And Wednesday. And Friday. We need a lot of rain. It just needs to be clear the week of the play. The truth about ticket sales for community theater is that the weather is the overwhelming factor in attendance. You have rain or snow or bitterly cold or hot weather, and your audience simply won't come out. That's just the way it is. The last play I directed had a tornado watch one night and a storm the other. That's hard to overcome.
      Well, it's time to go now. Y'all have a good week. Night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it continues to rain. Water is good. Glad your weekend went well with Mikey and Uncle.
Roen

SBB said...

Our rain gauge registered five inches. That might be a little too much in one day, but I'm not complaining. Our lakes and ponds sure need the water.

CrystalDiggory said...

That is good news about your Uncle John! I'll keep him in my prayers.

Michelle said...

Glad you had a good weekend with Mikey. And, of course, very happy about your Uncle too!

SBB said...

Thank you, Crystal.

Re: Mikey's leaving. Of course not, FF. I try to make his leaving as painless as possible. I always want him to happy.

Thanks, Michelle.

Well, I noticed the comma, FF, and don't like, but I can't figure out how to not have it.

Jean said...

So glad to hear of your Uncle John's improvement.

I know what you mean about the rain, but I hope you have good weather for the play.

Unknown said...

Still sending good vibrations. As for the "wet", just send some over here to SoCal.

SBB said...

Good weather, Jean, would be wonderful for my play!

Sorry, Joel, we still need all we can get here. Ask Houston. They have way TOO MUCH rain there.