Sunday, October 01, 2006

Fun with chocolate pudding!

      Are these great photos or what? Sweet Mikayla decided that she would paint with chocolate pudding. What a doll! And her mother, being a great mom, didn't get upset at her two year old, but grabbed a camera and recorded the artistic event for everyone.
      Mikayla is adapting to her new brother Zack well. She wants more attention from her mom right now, but overall she's doing wonderful. And she likes to love on her little brother. She's a wonderful little girl.
      I'm hoping to get to spend more time with them both when the play's over. I wish they lived in my town instead of an hour away. It would make it easier to drop by.
      Speaking of the play, we worked on the set yesterday and got a lot done. It needs to have the trim put up and the fireplace finished, and a few more items done. I hope to get a lot of them done this week and finished next Saturday. After that, we need to: get the furniture (we have all we need except for a couch) and accessories, move the lights to the proper places, program the light board, collect the sound effects, finish the poster and the program and print them, print the tickets ... whew! But we're on course and doing very well.
      My back is, I think, improving bit-by-bit each day. It's still a long way from being right. I have to walk with a cane, and it's a bit of a lurching walk, but at least I'm up and around, thank the good Lord.
      Today I'm hoping to do a few household chores, collect some sound effects for the play, and work on a few things like that. I'm also going to get outside and walk around a bit. Enjoy this sunshine before winter takes it away.
      I hope you have a great day. I might be back later. Posts have been scarce around here lately so I could post a couple of times to make up for it. We'll see how the day goes. Take care and talk to you later.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Messy, but cute :)

Anonymous said...

very sweet.
Roen

Gloria Williams said...

LOL! What a messy joy children are!

Anonymous said...

I love kids, they are so funny =)

Trixie said...

What a yummy chocolate baby there! Yummmm!

Michelle said...

Cute! Nothing wrong with a little messy finger painting if it puts a smile on their face. The tasting good part just adds an extra bonus! Much better than actual paint, I say.

Glad your back is getting better, albeit slowly. Maybe that means it's healing extra special and will last longer :)

Michelle said...

Is Mikayla related to you? Something in the eyes looks mighty familiar...

SBB said...

All the best things in life, Joel, are messy and cute! :)

SBB said...

Yes, she is, Roen. Cartoc is lucky to have such a great daughter.

SBB said...

Messy joy is right, Gloria!

SBB said...

I wouldn't doubt it at all, FF.

SBB said...

So true, Rain.

SBB said...

Right after these photos were taken, Miss Mikayla enjoyed a bath, Trixie. All in all, it was a great morning for her.

SBB said...

Michelle, I wonder if there is such a thing as edible finger paints.

Thank you.

SBB said...

No, Michelle, unfortunately she's no blood relation. I do claim her, though, by right of love!

She's my roomie's granddaughter.