Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wednesday & Thursday's Newsworthy Events

Welcome Zackary into the world! My roomie's son and daughter-in-law are the proud parents of a 6 pound 11 ounce baby boy. Zack arrived Wednesday morning. Both mother and baby are doing well.
      I told you a couple of weeks ago about my sister-in-law's impeding surgery. She went through it well, and the tumor was not cancer! Thank you for your prayers.
      Wednesday was a bad day for my back. My back held out fairly well until the afternoon, and then slowly the pain level began to rise. I couldn't find a comfortable position to sit or stand. I was so grateful when the day was over, and I could go home, but it took a good hour after I got home for the pain level to drop down to a bearable level. When it did, I promptly fell asleep for an hour and woke up feeling groggy and out-of-sorts.
      I'm so tired of this pain. I want my back to be better now, but it's a slow, annoying process. I think it's getting better, but the progress is measured in tiny steps. That's life, I guess.
      I only got one page written on the play on Wednesday. I have this huge mass of material, but a lot of it doesn't fit now. I wrote a scene, but after re-reading it, I realized it was just filler: no new information for the audience, no laughs, no suspense, just three people talking and rehashing information that the audience already has. I've been trying to remember why I wrote the scene. I think that I compressed that character's actions and story into another character. So basically I didn't need that character anymore. Oh well, easy come, easy go.
      Today's work was a repeat of yesterday's work, but I think my back is a little better. It still gave me fits in the afternoon, but I handled it better. Tonight I didn't get much new writing done on the play, but I did work on the storyline and figure out what should be there and what shouldn't be there. I only have 25 more pages to answer all the dramatic questions that the play raises. That's not a lot of space.
      I'm going to close now and go to to bed. I hope things are going well for you. Have a great day tomorrow. See you then.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your roomie's son and daughter-in-law. And that's great news for her. As for you, support vibes continuing your way. I'll prepare a happy dance on YouTube when you're fully recovered.

Anonymous said...

Welcome into the world Zack! Gosh, there is nothing sweeter than the smell of a brand new baby!

Good to hear that your sister-in-law does not have cancer.

I really hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

congradulations all. Another child for you to spoil! good news is always welcome concering tumors!
roen

CrystalDiggory said...

How cute is that blue hat? I hope we see a lot more pictures Zack.

Hope your recovery goes a little faster, too.

Jean said...

Glad to hear you have some good news. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Erudite Redneck said...

Awwwww. What a handsome feller!