Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Early Tuesday morning

      I need to plot out my book for National Novel Writing Month in November. First, I need to decide what type of book it's going to be: mystery, fantasy, contemporary, etc. Then I can work on the plot. I have a couple of characters wandering around my head that might be interesting to explore. I also thought about converting Murder at the Witch's Cottage into a book. The play would function as an outline.
      There's that word again: outline. I know writers that don't use them. They just sit down and write, holding the entire story in their head. I'm not made like that. I need to know what's going to happen in the story. Even if I don't stick to the outline -- and I rarely do -- it still gives me a framework to build the story on. I like to know where I'm going before I leave. Of course, I may find somewhere else to go as I travel, but at the beginning, it helps to know where I'm bound.
      But there's a chance I won't be able to participate in NaNoWriMo. We might have to push the play back one week due to schedule conflicts with various cast members. If that happens, the play will run November 1-5, the first week of NaNoWriMo. I'd lose five days to write. I don't think I could make that up. I'll make a decision about moving the play over the next couple of days.
      The read-through went well tonight. One cast member had to leave early and another one was late, but the rest of the cast had a good read-through. Today we will rough-block Act 1. Tomorrow night we will do the same to Act 2. At least, that's my current plan.
      The set is slowly getting done. I'll take a photoe of it tonight so that you could see the progress. Most of the walls are up.
      Yes, pretty much the play is all I'm going to talk about for a month or so. Sorry. It's about all I'm doing other than back therapy and work at my office.
      I have to get ready for work now. Y'all have a good day. Talk to you later.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Hope you have a good day too!

Michelle said...

(had) or ya know...what's left. Which is a lot when you think about it. The glass is a third full!

Anonymous said...

See I let someone else be first yesterday.
Roen

Michelle said...

Well, Thanks, Roen. :P

SBB said...

Thanks, Michelle!

SBB said...

That's very good, Roen. You're sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

I'ts all those kisses you promised me Tech. I don't want to make you mad and have them taken away before I even get them!
Michellle, can my glass have wine in it? It will make me sleep better.

Unknown said...

Well, I read your most recent post so I can't support or comment on Nanowrimo :(

Simon Haynes said...

Nanowrimo here, too. Do you participate in the forums as well?