Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday night at my computer

      Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I've been working on getting the ads sold for the lobby of the local theater group. I've got a lot done, but there's still more to do. I'm trying to have it all finished by the end of next week so that it's not hanging over my head any more. And of course, I'm still involved in the patron drive -- going very well so far -- so I'm ready for August to be over and all this is done. After that, I only have the two plays to direct, one in October and the other in April. It will be nice to have my life back. I won't do this again. No, Crystal, I won't.
      Otherwise no news here other than it's been hot. I'm two days away from my birthday and have been too busy to be depressed about it. A bit of trivia: I was born on a Sunday, and this year my birthday is on a Sunday, too. Don't know why that caught my interest, but it did.
      Speaking of Crystal, she has left California, visited Vegas but didn't win a fortune, and is now back in Oklahoma for a while. I'm hoping I get a chance to see her and her son before they head off for other adventures.
      I'm planning to visit the huge aquarium in Jenks this weekend. I'm taking my camera so I hope to have some pics to share. Everyone that's been there has told me that it's really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
      Murder at the Witch's Cottage is in trouble. I've realized that I have four storylines trying to be told at the same time. I've got to trim it back and focus on what's important. I've only got 90 minutes of stage time to tell the story. It's got to be clear and tight. Maybe someday I'll get to write a mini-series, and then I can tell a lot of stories.
      And that's all I've got to say this Thursday night at my computer. How are things for you? Staying cool? What's going on your world? Share!
      Anyway, good night and pleasant dreams.

2 comments:

night-rider said...

Happy birthday for Saturday TECH - Hope you had a blast. My wish for you is that this year you can find a way to fit 'smell the roses' onto your to do lists :)

CrystalDiggory said...

Happy Birthday, Tech! Hope you enjoyed your days off and found time to relax!