Thursday, July 13, 2006

Post 1 of 2

       Did you think I forgot? No, little campers, I didn't. I've just been busy working on the patron drive and the ad sales for the local theater group. Whee. I'll tell you right now that both have taken much more effort and time that I expected and planned for. Live and learn, I guess. Which doesn't make sense since I'm not sure dead people learn things. Well, I guess they might, but then what do they do with the knowledge? Not that I'm dissing dead people, mind you. I've seen too many episodes of Ghost Hunters to feel comfortable doing that. I guess you can tell what mood this afternoon has put me in. I'm discussing dead people. "I discuss dead people."
      Anyway, how was your day? Anything exciting going on? Share! We don't have enough to talk about. Do your part. Give us a topic. Preferably something personal that you don't want the world to know, but we won't tell. Only the people who have the good taste to read this blog will know, and they don't repeat gossip ... so you better listen close the first time. (Redneck points if you know what TV show that came from.)
      Have I mentioned my birthday is at the end of this month? Yes, I get a year older. I don't feel older. Except, of course, in my knees. And my back. And my memory's shot. And my eyesight is going bad. But other than that and many pounds, I'm the same guy that graduated high school all those years ago but with less hair. I wonder if that guy back then would recognize me now. Would he be pleased at how I'm turning out? Would he be appalled? Would he laugh? Would he understand?
      Why I should I care? He didn't know anything back then, the little snot. I have all these years behind me to take me toward the years to come. That's a gift that we all have to give ourselves: a past that lets us believe in a future. So yeah, I get a year older, thank God.
      Michelle said in a comment on the previous post that it may be getting too late for two posts. It's never too late. Even after the fabulous lady sings, there's still time for one more moment.
      Be back in a bit. You're on the edge of your seats, aren't you? Yes, you are.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

My faith was still there, however...

;)

CrystalDiggory said...

How was my day? Not really that exciting, either. I did go to the Golden Gate Baptist Seminary bookstore to pick up Christmas (yes, I said Christmas) presents for my sister and her husband, who both got their masters there many, many years ago. I thought it would be cool to get something from their old alma mater. But now I'm not sure I should send something with that logo on it, considering they're living in a Muslim area of the world...(sigh).

The campus is gorgeous, though. Well, the buildings are kinda drab, but it's sitting on a hill overlooking the San Francisco Bay. You can see Alcatraz, the skyline, the boats, the hills...it's so beautiful from there. And there were deer grazing on the campus! Very peaceful and very cool.