Monday, July 17, 2006

Heat

      My job is driving me crazy. It's grinding me down. Every day I wonder how much longer I can do it. But then I remember my bills. And yeah, I can keep on doing it. And will. Because I pay my bills.
      I sent my first payment in on the new computer today. I didn't have enough saved to pay it off, but I made a large dent in the bill. If I keep working at it, I think I can have it paid off by October or November. That would be cool.
      And I should have another credit card paid off by November. So I'm making progress. Slow but steady. Just call me Mr. Tortoise.
      It's hot here. Temp hovered at 104 degrees today. I couldn't get any air conditioner repairman to come out so my house is quite hot. I'm hoping to get in touch with one tomorrow. I called and left messages with several companies, but no one returned my calls. They're swamped with business and repair calls.
      Tomorrow I intend to go to Wal-Mart and buy a window unit for my bedroom. It's been hard to sleep at night due to the heat. Some people associate heat and sweat with sensuality. I don't think I can agree with that.
      Prevention Magazine is reporting that cherries are a fantastic cancer fighter. They say that cherries are loaded with perillyl alcohol and quercetin, both of which are apparently potent anti-cancer agents. Cherries taste good, too.
      By the way, I did NOT do anything for the local theater group tonight. I should have written story for the local paper about the patron drive and the upcoming season, but I didn't. I gave myself the night off. I'll write the story tomorrow night.
      And now it's time for bed!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of paying of credit cards - a feeling I know too well. Good luck

Rain said...

I remember the feeling I had when I paid off my last credit card, I think I cried I was so happy! Now I have three credit cards that are kept locked in my saftey deposit box. I only use them in case of an emergency. Sleep well, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Having time off is great! Well, if you still blog that is. We have a window unit too and love it (the master bedroom was an add on). Your windows aim right at your bed so it will be very easy to cool.
I think the sexy type sweat is not from the room temp...
Roen

SBB said...

Thanks, Bruce. Glad you dropped by.

SBB said...

Rain, I still have a ways to go to pay off all my credit card and debts, but at least it's happening. It makes me feel better about myself and certainly gives me more freedom from worry. I'm impressed that you've paid off all of yours! Awesome!

SBB said...

I'm hoping that the little window unit will help my electric bill, too, FF.

Thank you. I enjoyed just vegging!

SBB said...

Roen! Glad to hear from you. And looking forward to seeing you in August. That will be awesome! A Knaves invite will be headed your way soon.

So it wasn't heat those folks were referring to? Hmm. I'm such an innocent that I can't even imagine what they were talking about then. ;)

Gloria Williams said...

The heat is brutal down here in Texas. I hope you get your air conditioning repaired soon. But until then, I think a window unit makes good sense.

SBB said...

Brutal is the right word, Gloria. I hope we get a break in the heat soon.

Michelle said...

I understand about the job. I wonder just how long I will be able to continue with this myself. *sigh* As long as I have bills I suppose...

Michelle said...

Hope you find some relief fromt he heat, too.

SBB said...

Yeah, bills are a great motivator, Michelle. Maybe someday we’ll both be free of them, and then we can be lazy! :)

Slim said...

I guess when you get older the heat affects you more. :)

Jean said...

Freeze those cherries, and they'll help you beat the heat, too. Frozen cherries are like nature's Popsicles.

Good for you on progress with your financial plan.

SBB said...

::growls at Slim:: You young whippersnapper!

:)

SBB said...

Good idea, Jean! Thanks!