Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Same old song

      So here I am. Finally. I had trouble again with my cable modem this evening, but I followed several procedures that the cable tech guy had explained to me, and they seemed to work. According to the tech, my computer is functioning perfectly. The problem seems to be on their end, he told me with great reluctance. But I don't really have an explanation for why it messed up. I just hope it works okay from now on.
      Anyway, not much going on here. It's hot. Muggy. Work has been rather grinding. I've gritted my teeth until I'm surprised I have any left. I think the heat makes some people mean. Or makes them reveal that they're really mean deep down.
      Still, I'm catching up on things and staying up on my work despite not having a secretary. It sure does make for a long day, though.
      Today my good friend Ms. M called me, and we went to lunch. She had surgery to remove a cancer in her breast about a month ago and finished a round of radiation for breast cancer. She's doing well. She's had a few minor side effects, but so far, everything looks good. The doctors think they got all of the cancer, and we hope the radiation mopped up any errant cancer cells. Cancer affects so many people. Someday I hope we conquer it. It will be one of humanity's greatest achievements.
      What else can I tell you? Mickey had a good birthday with a couple of parties, swimming, lots of gifts and wild times. And now he is five. They grow up fast. Because I don't see him regularly, it's always amazing how much he's grown and changed since the last time we were together. Makes me proud of him and sad that he's growing up.
      It's a month for birthdays in my little world. Besides Mikey, my nephew, my grand niece and one of my godsons have a birthday this month. I can't wait until they're all old enough to get money and like it. Well, I can wait. I do like buying toys. That's fun.
      And now I'm going to bed. Y'all have a good day tomorrow.

2 comments:

SBB said...

And toys are fun. There are so many ones out there that I'd like to play with -- I mean, that I think kids would like to play with.

No. That's a long story.

She's doing well. I think my next few stories on the Great Slim Down will focus on foods that fight cancer.

I'll tell them!

Michelle said...

Your friend is in my Prayers. It does affect so many, I have a few in my life, too.

I have a lot of birthdays in June too..well, really throughout the whole Summer. I think it has to do with the Winter, trying to stay warm and all. I have two, just today alone. Happy Birthday to Mikey :)