Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rainy Thursday

      Well, I ordered my new computer this evening. Pardon me while I go and throw up. Why the angst? Because I didn't want to spend the money. I had worked so hard on another solution, but I couldn't find a way around it. My old one couldn't be repaired -- in fact, I couldn't even find anyone who could tell me why it didn't work. I spent literally hours and hours on trying to repair it. The one I'm using now wouldn't run the programs I need to publish the family newsletter or any of the photo software I need. And by buying now, I took advantage of several special offers. But ... but ... I've worked so hard to reduce my debt. To finally get these credit cards off my back. I hate to divert money from that goal.
      Well, it's done. It's ordered. And it's going to be faster than my old computer with better software. With luck and care, it will last another six or seven years. I'll raid the old one for as much stuff as I can. I can use a DVD writer that's on it. And the graphics card. And the sound card. I'll take both hard drives, too, and use one as a secondary drive and the other as an USB back-up.
      The new one will arrive in about three weeks. I didn't want to pay for any faster shipping than that. I hope it will serve me as well as the old one did for most of its life.
      How did your day go? Did you have a good one? I hope so. Did you drop the Great Slim Down for the Weight Loss Word of the Day? What did you do today? Anyway, it's late, and I have to be at work early tomorrow. Talk to you then. Night!

2 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Don't feel guilty about getting another computer. You know you need it -- you do a lot more with yours than just e-mails and games! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) Just enjoy it.

It rained in Oklahoma today? (sigh) And was there thunder, too?

Gloria Williams said...

Tech, it's a good decision. I can't wait for you to receive the new computer and start having fun with it. It's going to be good! :)