Sunday, June 11, 2006

If it's not one thing ...

      Sorry to be gone. I get a new computer, and then my cable internet goes out. Arggghhh. Anyway, once my cable modem was switched out, my connection started working again. It still seems a bit flaky, but maybe not. It's hard to tell its problems from Blogger's problems. Must be sunspots.
      Well, what have I done the past few days? Lots of writing, filing and housework. I also helped the president of the local theater group prepare and mail tickets out to our patrons. The play is this coming weekend. I'm not in the cast or crew, but may work the ticket booth for a night if they need me.
      It's been horribly hot and dry here, and my house's air conditioner isn't keeping up. It probably needs to be serviced soon. I hope I can get an appointment. This is the busy season for air-conditioning folks. I've heard that it takes two weeks before they can get to you. (I may get a small window unit for my bedroom. They're fairly inexpensive at Wal-Mart. I know a couple of people who use them, and they seem to be economical and efficient.) The central air unit on this house is at least 16 years old. What is the common life for one of them, anyway? Anyone know?
      Otherwise, not much to report. I've been using my smoothie maker some. It's okay. I figure these fruit and veggie smoothies would be better if I could put sugar or ice cream in them, but I can't because I'm on this diet. So I'm drinking their natural goodness straight. Whee. But hey, it's good for me. WHEE!
      I've been posting the Weight Loss Word of the Day at the Great Slim Down. So far the response has been less than overwhelming. I'm not sure anyone besides Michelle and Frenzied Feline are reading them. But that's okay. They've both very cool, and to have their attention is awesome. I'd just like others to particpate. I'm trying to lose weight, too, and I need the support!
      Mikey turns five this week. What a wonderful little boy he is. Such joy. A fireball of energy. Every time I see him, I want to sweep him up and run away to someplace safe where he will never have to lose his childhood innocence and joy. Problem is, I'm not sure anywhere safe exists in this world anymore. Maybe it never did.
      By the way, how much TV are you watching a week? Cut the time in half and you'll be amazed at how much better your life is. You'll get more done, spend more time with family and friends and enjoy life instead of just watching other people pretending to enjoy life. Seriously, try it for two weeks. The results will astound you.
      My favorite smoothie recipe so far is this one: a quart of strawberries, a container of blue berries, a container of low-fat blueberry yogurt, a can of diet lemonade, a container of raspberries, two cups of crushed ice. Blend them into a liquid. Drink. Loaded with vitamins. A bit strong taste, but you get used to it.
      Since I've been gone, I feel like I should ramble on, but I don't have anything to add. Maybe tomorrow -- returning to work, sigh -- will contain more things of interest, a bit of excitement, a twist of kind fate, a touch of romance ... or I could just go to work and then come back home. Either way, I'll see ya tomorrow.

Lost & Found

I was lost in my town
living in back alleys
of lost youth and wasted time
until you found me

I wandered aimlessly
from one love to another
all just as sad empty
until you found me

Blind to important things
my light taken by ashes
with sorrow as my friend
until you found me

until you found me
I didn't know
how a real kiss (sweet and sharp)
tasted

until you found me
I didn't know
how true passion (sweat and shouts)
burned

until you found me
I didn't know
I really wasn't
alive

Until you found me.

Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Glad you're back online. You were missed.

How many glasses does that smoothie recipe make??

Michelle said...

It is definitly another.

I love the poem. :)

SBB said...

It makes about four and a half glasses, Crystal.

SBB said...

Thanks, Michelle! I'm glad you liked it.

SBB said...

FF, the points are about 4 per glass. And it's quite filling as long as you don't gulp it down and sip it slowly.

TV is one of the great time-wasters and corruptors of today's world. The more I see of it, the less I think of it. Although I will confess to have really enjoyed The Closer last night.