Saturday, April 01, 2006

Two down, two to go

      I've only have about five minutes to post this before I head back to the theater, but I thought I'd use the time to give you an update on the progress of the play. It's going well, despite wild weather the first night.
      Thursday night, we had hail, heavy rain and a tornado warning! Despite that, we still managed to fill up nearly a third of the seats. Brave people. The cast made a few opening night flubs, but since the audience didn't know the play, they were none the wiser. The actors got rattled in the first act by a couple of crying and/or screaming babies in the audience. It was terrible, but the kiddos went to sleep so the rest of the play went okay. I don't know why parents bring babies to the theater.
      Friday morning, we received a nice review in the local paper. Didn't mention me, of course, sigh, but several of my actors got nice comments. And nothing negative was said, so it was a clear win. That evening we were nearly 2/3 full. Which isn't bad for our community on a Friday.
      I hope tonight we have a larger audience. The weather is a bit misty, but no rain and no storm warnings. So we'll see.
      Anyway, I have to get to the theater now. I hope things are going well for you. I'm looking forward to catching up on everyone's blogs soon. You are blogging, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?
      Hope things are going well for you.

4 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Yay for y'all! :-)

Mark said...

Crying babies, like promises, should be carried out.

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm blogging. I'm glad you've slowed down, though. Gives me a chance to catch up with your blog :)c

CrystalDiggory said...

Sounds like you're having another successful run, but I'll be glad when you're back to blogging regularly. :)