Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A guest poem

      A young friend of mine wrote this poem and allowed me to share it here on this blog. See what you think.

Thank you for flying

Floating in an eternity of questions?
Not controlling up and down
wondering who do I answer the radio for
I started with a plane, an idea, a map?
Now am I the captain
or do I still have to take orders?
Well no matter I am the pilot
of my own place. Even though
I'll probably crash. I'll
at least try to make a safe
landing.
No longer do I need landing gear
I'll just glide and set it
down on the clearest runaway I can find
No seriously I'll take my orders
do what they say
All I really do is listen to the pilot
and fly when he falls asleep
for I am the stewardess
Does anyone need peanuts?

Copyright 2006 Joshua Blake. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

I like it. He did a good job.

Erudite Redneck said...

I like it, too. Whimsical and breezy.

Trixie said...

I love this -- it is grown up beyond his years. Especially the portion about flying the plane when the pilot falls asleep. How does someone that young realize that there's a category of people who wind up balancing all the demands that others throw at them?

Michelle said...

Sorry I didn't comment before.

I do like it. I think it is a gift when people can see past their everyday and take time to express how they see and feel their world.

Jean said...

Just getting to see this. Nice work, Joshua.

I agree with Trixie--there's a lot of people taken for granted who carry more than their fair share of the load.