Saturday, April 08, 2006

47

      I started this morning with 47 items on my To Do list. I have 15 of them crossed off. I'm hoping to get another 15 today. We'll see. One of the items is to post here, and that's what I'm doing right now. Another one bites the dust.
      I hate to just make this post another list of what I've been doing, but that's about all that's going on in my life right now.
      There is good news, though, that I want to share: My niece is doing better. She's still having problems, but she's having less pain and is able to get up and do a few things. We're not out of the woods yet, but maybe we can see daylight and the path at least is smoother. Please keep her in your prayers.
      Speaking of my niece, one of her friends gave her an aquarium and a couple of fish. She called me to get some advice about how to raise fish. I'm not sure if I should be giving advice considering how many of my fish have swam off into the Great River Beyond. But at least they have short, happy lives while they're with me. Or I assume they're happy. They don't talk much.
      I'm getting beat so bad in Scrabble by Nightrider that you'd think I wouldn't mention it. But I'm enjoying the game, anyway. Speaking of which, I think I will try to find time to play the Scrabble game on my computer today. That's usually fun, although not as much as playing a real person.
      I finally had enough extra cash to order Carolyn Hart's new book Dead Days of Summer. Max and Annie Darling are in trouble again with Max being accused of murder and Annie having to clear his name. I'm looking forward to reading it when it comes in (should be this week_. Carolyn is an Oklahoma author with a devoted following. I don't know why she doesn't receive the media attention she should because she's one of the best mystery writers out there period as well as a very nice person. I recommend her books highly. Death of the Party, by the way, is now available in paperback.
      My painting (the one for the play) is hanging in my bedroom. I'll try to take a photo of it so that you can give it a look. I think I will have it framed when I scrape enough money together. I get such a kick out of seeing it.
      And now I will close. I might be back later. Wait for me, okay? Thanks.

6 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

*taps foot* I'm waiting...

SBB said...

Are still waiting? No, I suspect you've left.

CrystalDiggory said...

Your suspscion --suspcsio-- suspect--nope, I'm still here.

What number did you make it to on your list?

night-rider said...

You have been diagnosed as hyper-active right? Otherwise I must be a sloth or even a dodo! Good luck with your list.

CrystalDiggory said...

Hmmm...we must have been crossed off his list and now he's not coming back. :( How do we get back on his list?

SBB said...

My final score is 36 items done. I took what was left and put them on my list for today. Sigh. I need a personal assistant. And a maid. And maybe someone to massage my body with warm oils. And another someone to drop grapes in my mouth. And of course a winebearer ...