Thursday, March 02, 2006

Weight Loss Prayer

      My aunt sent me this prayer from The All-New Free To Be Thin by Neva Coyle & Marie Chapian. I thought it was worth sharing.

The Weight Loss Prayer

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me discipline.
Thank you, Lord, that I am now free to be in charge of what I put in my body.
I choose to receive from You the strength I need to be faithful to my commitment to You.
Your strength fills me.
You show me that I can be responsible for what I choose to eat.
I thank you, Lord, that I am victorious in You.
I will accept the discipline of my Daily Prayer Time.
I will read the Word in the strength of the Holy Spirit.
I will keep my daily food diary and be aware of the contents of the food I eat.
I will not be a slave to food any longer.
I am victorious because You are victorious!
In Jesus' name.
Amen.


      The authors recommend saying this prayer twice when you are tempted by foods you shouldn't eat. I cross-posted this at The Great Slim Down. You can purchase The All-New Free To Be Thin from Amazon.com by clicking here. My aunt recommends the book, but I haven't read it yet. Let me know what you think of it if you do.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Thank you Tech, for posting this. I needed this this morning. It also fits in with my Lenten study.

SBB said...

You're very welcome, Trixie.

Gloria Williams said...

I think this is excellent. But remembering to say it when faced with double chocolate fudge cake will be my problem! :)

Michelle said...

I agree with Gloria. But I love it just the same.