Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My plate overfloweth ...

      I realize blogging has been hit or miss here lately. Sorry. My plate seems to be fuller than I can comfortably swallow these days. I'm working on that.
      The play is cast. I think I have a good group. We should know for sure when we start rehearsal Thursday night, but I'm not worried about it.
      Instead I'm worried about building and painting the set, updating the web page with the cast info and pictures, and producing the posters, the programs, the theater group newsletter and the publicity articles for the local newspaper. Yikes.
      Well, that's why they play me the big bucks … except ... I’M NOT GETTING PAID! This is, once again, another reason why I think I'm not very bright.
      Naturally since I have no time to devote to them, my mind buzzes with ideas for Darkness, Oklahoma and Figments. They're shameless, flirty tarts, that's all there is to it. But I know if I suddenly started working on them, they would dance happily away. My muse is apparently a come-hither-go-away. The story of my life.
      So ... what else? I'm behind on housework, but I'm going to make a good try on it this evening after I finish this. I need to read the play again and continue working on my director's copy. I need to update the group weights on The Great Slim Down. (Congrats to Michelle who is losing so much more weight than me that I'm not sure if I like her anymore! [Would it be cheating to mail her some chocolates? Just kidding ... sort of ...]) I need to do some minor work on the theater web page. So ... I have a lot to do.
      Except ... I seem to lack the motivation to get to work. I don’t seem to lack dots, however. See, here are some more ... Three dots in a row are properly called an ellipsis. Except I'm not using them properly. So we'll just call them Fred. Here's another Fred ... What's a Fred or two between friends, right? Right ... The plural of ellipsis, by the way, is ellipses. Just so you know. The plural of Fred is Freds. I seem to like italics today, too.
      Okay, I must get to work now. I'll talk to you later. You talk to me, too. I'm feeling lonely. And overwhelmed. And sad. So send money. Or come by my house with gifts. Gifts are nice ...

6 comments:

Michelle said...

There you go with the "Flirty Tarts" thing again...

Oh wait, that was ER.

I am an ellipsis abuser. I freely admit it and it's the first step to recovery "they" say. Of course, that is providing that you actually want recovery and I don't think I do.

So? You don't like me anymore huh? You know that I have your mailing address too, don't you?

And, Chocolate, isn't my temptation. Ha!

CrystalDiggory said...

Amberclear is right. You need to delegate some of those responsibilities. Just because no one will do as good a job as you will, is no reason to do it all yourself. No sense in wearing yourself down. Besides, what's the point of being director if you can't boss people around, I always say. Oh, wait..that was you in "Turnabout." :) (See the smiley face? THe smiley face means we all laugh now..ha,ha, ha)



Tired..must have sleep...these dots really are cool...

SBB said...

Nope, Amber, complaining is not enjoyable. This is called venting! :) Makes me feel better to have some place to let out my frustrations. Love ya, too!

Hey, you and the hubby should come to the play. I'll let you know details and arrange a couple of tickets if you'd like to come over.

SBB said...

My muse is a flirty tart, Michelle. I happen to like flirty tarts, however. I'm just that way.

Ellipses are addictive, aren't they? I can stop using them any time I want to ... I just don't want to!

I said I wasn't sure if I liked you, but that's all in fun. Your weight loss is an annoying inspiration to us all! :) You're awesome!

Hmm, so chocolate doesn't tempt you? Pizza? Roast duck? Pheasant under glass

SBB said...

Unfortunately, Crystal, there isn't anyone else to do those items, although I am receiving help on the set. I would delegate, but I would have to train the person to do the program, poster, web page, etc., and 1) no one wants to and 2) I don't have the time. But yes, I do it better than anyone else. This applies to many things.

Ellipses rule ...

Michelle said...

Garlic chicken pizza is very tempting...but, don't send me a pizza. Or a duck for that matter.