Friday, December 09, 2005

...ooo000OOOO0000ooooo.....

      That's me moaning. This is a mean cold. Very mean. Almost Republican in its meanness and definitely Democratic in what it's costing me in doctors bills. Bad cold. Bad.
      I have lots of stuff planned for this weekend, but I suspect I'm just going to be resting. Rest good. Cold bad.
      The Net is a lifesaver since I can order lots of stuff for Christmas on it. Then I just wait until the items arrive at my office. Some businesses even wrap the presents for you. Wrapping good. Cold bad.
      Anyway, I still fighting the cold. That's all my news. Completely. Well, I did get my tree decorated last night and put up a few other decorations around the living room and kitchen, but that's it. Otherwise I slept. Sleep good. Cold bad.
      I have been reading Robin Hobb's Tawny Man series. Very good. It's a sequel to her Assassin series. I'm glad that she didn't leave Fitz alone and tired. I'm hoping these books end with him having some happiness and peace. Books good. Cold bad.
      I've just about got my Christmas cards finished. I try to include a little something extra in all the cards I send. I hope I'm able to do that this year. I know the real life addresses to several of my blogging buddies and commenters so I'm going to send them cards, but if you're one of them whose address I don't know, please email me with address if you'd like a card from me. I'd like to send one to you. Christmas cards good. Cold bad.
      More later if I can.

11 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. It sounds like a nasty cold.

Dang! I completely forgot about sending out Christmas cards. And I was just so proud of myself for getting the outside lights and the trees inside up.

(And, Gloria...did ya notice?) :)

Gloria Williams said...

Hang in there, Tech. You'll beat this cold back.

(Crystal, I noticed. I was away from my computer for only a few hours, and you slipped in to get first. But next time ... :) )

SBB said...

It has NOT been a fun cold, that's for sure, Crystal. If there are fun colds and I don't think there are. Thanks for the well wishes. If only I had a nurse ...

Woohoo! Lights and a tree. As soon as you mail out your Christmas cards, you can rest smugly secure that you did Christmas well. :)

SBB said...

I appreciate the get well wish, Gloria.

Slim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Slim said...

Lots of orange juice will help, Tech. I know you thought I was going to say orange juice and rum, but just orange juice for now! :)

Get well soon.

Trixie said...

Sending get well vibes your way. I've got a pot of Many Can Soup. If you want, I can put a ladle full into my CD drive and send it to you!

Mark said...

lol. Republicans mean? OK. I suppose compared to you we are. I'll give you that one.

Anonymous said...

Slim's right...this is no time for rum. However...

Hot Toddy

1 ounces Whiskey
1 ounce Honey
ounce Lemon Juice
3 ounces Water (Hot)
If you have a microwave, the easiest way to make this drink is to warm the honey and lemon juice for about half a minute and then add to hot water and the whiskey. Otherwise, stir the honey and lemon juice into extremely warm water, allow it to cool slightly, and add the whiskey.

Nurse Darcy

Michelle said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I did a lot of shopping online myself. It's perfect when you can have them shipped to your work!

Many Can Soup...yum...

night-rider said...

Hi TECH. I'm back and fighting a cold too! Week 2 and it's not looking much better. This is grossly unfair because I had a cold for my last holiday in September, worked for 3 months without incident and got the next one just in time for my Christmas holidays. There's probably a moral in there somewhere. Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season.