Thursday, December 29, 2005

7

      ER tagged me so here's the meme.

A. Seven things to do before I die
1. Write and publish many books.
2. Write and publish many plays.
3. Have a home with an indoor swimming pool.
4. Make a lot of money so that I can use it to fund research into cancer, strokes, Crohn's, diabetes, etc.
5. Spend time on a beach with clean white sand and people bringing me drinks with umbrellas in them.
6. Have a woman who loves me as much as I love her.
7. Travel to a lot of cool places in America.

B. Seven things I cannot do
1. Play basketball.
2. Watch golf on TV.
3. Listen to Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken without feeling like the top of my head is going to blow off.
4. Play any type of musical instrument well.
5. Suffer fools gladly.
6. Put my foot behind my ear (not that I want to).
7. Fly a jet … for very long. It would be a short flight.

C. Seven things that attract me to anyone
1. Intelligence.
2. Sense of humor.
3. Spirituality.
4. Kindness.
5. Compassion.
6. Cleanliness and neatness.
7. Good smile.

D. Seven things I say most often
1. Howdy.
2. Fascinating.
3. Cool.
4. Crap!
5. Good grief.
6. I'm writing. Go away.
7. I can't believe it.

E. Seven books (or series or genres or topics) that I love
1. The Bible.
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit.
3. The Discworld series.
4. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series.
5. Sherlock Holmes series.
6. Any book by James Rollins.
7. Carolyn Hart's mystery novels and Holly Lisle's fantasy novels.

F. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
1. The Roger Moore James Bonds.
2. John Wayne's later-year Westerns.
3. The Tomb Raider movies.
4. "The Lion in Winter."
5. "Contact."
6. Star Trek movies 1, 2, 4 & 6.
7. "Mindwalk."

G. Seven people I want to join in, too.
1. Crystal.
2. Michelle.
3. Randall.
4. Gloria.
5. Roen.
6. Amber.
7. Patriot.

      If you don't have a blog, feel free to answer it in the comments.

9 comments:

SBB said...

I haven't named my heels, although I don't think I'd name one Achilles anyway. Maybe Bob.

CrystalDiggory said...

FF, I thought about joining y'all's race to lose weight this year, but after reading these comments I'm afraid I'll end up gaining! :)

Since Tech is going to send you chocolate, might I suggest you send him a gift certificate to a Chinese and/or Mexican restaurant? He's partial to that cuisine, and it's easier to send in the mail than a box of sweets.

(Sorry, Tech. That will teach you to tag me.) :)

Gloria Williams said...

Here's mine. I'm afraid they're a bit boring!

A. Seven things to do before I die:
1. Write the story of my life.
2. Go back to college.
3. Pay off my home.
4. Give more to my church.
5. Spend more time with my nieces.
6. Spend more time with my family.
7. Spend more time in prayer.

B. Seven things I cannot do
1. Play any sports!
2. Enjoy rap or hip-hop music.
3. Listen to any talk radio.
4. Sew a straight line.
5. Use a microwave properly.
6. Wear white.
7. Change the oil on my car.

C. Seven things that attract me to anyone
1. Stability and intelligence.
2. Church-goer.
3. Kindness.
4. Non-drinker.
5. Non-smoker.
6. Sense of humor.
7. Looks fine! :)

D. Seven things I say more often
1. Good morning. How may I help you?
2. Bless you.
3. Have a good day.
4. Whatever you say.
5. S..t! (I'm ashamed to admit it!)
6. Whew.
7. I hear that.

E. Seven books I love
1. The Bible.
2. Any Grace Livingston Hill books.
3. Books about living a Christian life.
4. Black history books.
5. History in general.
6. Historical romances but not the ones with naughty parts.
7. Current events.

F. Seven movies I like
1. The original Star Wars movies.
2. Anything with Denzel Washington in it. But not his violent roles.
3. The Indiana Jones movies.
4. Romancing the Stone. The most romantic film ever.
5. Steel Magnolias.
6. The Color Purple.
7. The Way We Were.

G. I don't know seven people on the Net who haven't already been taggged. So anyone who wants to do it, should do it! :)

CrystalDiggory said...

I thought I was through with memes, but since Tech tagged me, I guess I'll play, although I suspect this is a ploy by Tech to get more comments. :) At any rate it's always hard to resist talking about myself, so...

7

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Learn to take things out of the dryer in a timely manner so they're not all wrinkled.

2. Buy a house with an ocean view from the back porch.

3. Win a Tony for at least one of my plays that make it to Broadway.

4. Do the Key West Crawl with my craziest friends.

5. Spend a year in Europe, after #4, because I'll probably have to leave the country for awhile anyway.

6. While I'm in Europe, see my plays put on in the West End in London.

7. Raise my son to follow his heart.

Seven things I cannot do

1. Tease handicapped children

2. Kick puppies

3. Burn down orphanges

4. Poison water supplies in large towns -- well, in any size town actually.

5. Watch Larry King

6. Be serious for long periods of time

7. Stop writing

Seven Things That Attract Me to Anyone

1. The soul of an artist

2. People passionate about their life's work.

3. Whatever the opposite of pretentious and condescending is.

4. A free spirit

5. Creativity

6. Anyone who can make me laugh

7. Oh, let's just be honest...it's a flat, hard chest and a six-pack ab on a male.

Seven Things I say most often

1. Hi, I'm (Crystal), I'll be your nurse for the rest of the evening.

2. Where do you want to eat?

3. Where's my car keys?

4. Your dog needs to be walked.

5. He really needs to go out.

6. Because he's YOUR dog, that's why.

7. If he poops in this house I'm going to rub YOUR nose in it.

Seven Books(or series or genres to topics) that I love to read

Just seven?? This is going to be hard..

1. The Woman's Study Bible

2. Any well-written fantasy

3. Just about any history book

4. Just about any humor book

5. Sara Teasdale

6. Cookbooks, the kind churches put together for fund raisers -- they have the best down home recipes. And someday I'll learn how to make those recipes...

7. Just about any travel book

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had the time)

1. Gone with the Wind

2. Dark Harbor

3. The 13th Warrior

4. Any Godzilla movie

5. The Apostle

6. Galaxy Quest

7. Rasputin

Seven People I Want to Join in, too

1. Alan Rickman

2. Adrian Brody

3. Johnny Depp

4. Jon Stewart

5. Craig Ferguson

6. Stephen Colbert

7. Dennis Miller

CrystalDiggory said...

If you and Tech can come to a truce, I would like to join y'all. I saw a funny t-shirt on another blog that said, "I beat anorexia." Although, I can make that claim, too, it's time to set a new goal. :)

Erudite Redneck said...

So, Tech, whaddaya got against Star Treks 3 and 5?

Never seen a ST movie, original or NG, that I didn't love.

??

Hey, Crystal: Dr. ER wrote to Richard Chamberlain many months ago. Just before Christmas, she got a handwritten note back! It and the envelope are framed and matted already. Made her very, very happy. :-)

CrystalDiggory said...

ER, how very cool! That would have made me very happy, too!

Lilian said...

Hi, author of 51313 Harbor Street. I am a fellow blogger (from the UK though) and just wondering if it is ok if I do the "7" list on my blog...I'm not sure what a "meme" is - I'm quite new to blogging.

Anyway, please let me know..

Thanks,

Lilian

SBB said...

Help yourself, Lilian! :)