Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

A Thanksgiving Prayer
By Samuel F. Pugh


O God, when I have food,
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work,
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home,
help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain,
help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering,
help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion,
and be concerned enough to help;
By word and deed,
those who cry out for what we take for granted.
Amen.

A Thanksgiving Joke

      A turkey farmer was always experimenting with breeding to perfect a better turkey. His family was fond of the leg portion for dinner and there were never enough legs for everyone. After many frustrating attempts, the farmer was relating the results of his efforts to his friends at the general store get together. "Well I finally did it! I bred a turkey that has 6 legs!"
      They all asked the farmer how it tasted.
      "I don't know," said the farmer. "I never could catch the dang thing!"

Thanksgiving Riddles

What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?

Plymouth Rock


What did the turkey say before it was roasted?

Boy! I'm stuffed!


Which side of the turkey has the most feathers?

The outside


Why did they let the turkey join the band?

Because he had the drumsticks


How did the Mayflower show that it liked America?

It hugged the shore


Why did the police arrest the turkey?

They suspected it of fowl play.


A link to Thanksgiving Cartoons


Happy Thankgiving!

13 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tech! :) Many blessings on you and yours!

SBB said...

Right back at you, Gloria! I hope you have a wonderful day at your sisters.

Slim said...

Happy turkey day, Tech! I hope you get your words today if you're not too busy chowing down.

SBB said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Slim! And thanks for the support!

Michelle said...

A beautiful Prayer! Thank you!

May God Bless...and Happy Thanksgiving!

Trixie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tech! Your blog is one of the things high on my list of things to be thankful for. It's always a pleasure to read. I hope you have a great holiday!

SBB said...

Thank you for appreciating it, Michelle. I hope you're having a wonderful and WARM Thanksgiving! :)

SBB said...

Trixie, you'll make my head swell with talk like that! :)

I hope you're having a great holiday. And your blog is a pleasure, too!

CrystalDiggory said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Tech. Your friendship is one of the things I'm very, very thankful for.

SBB said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Crystal. I also am thankful for our friendship. God has given me many blessing, which include you and Matt.

Erudite Redneck said...

A much less frantic poem that the one I posted on Turkey Day! :-) Hope you had a good'n!

SBB said...

ER, I hope your Thanksgiving was happy and blessed!

Anonymous said...

This hyear is a very table cornucopia of Thanksigivin' thinkin'. ... That dang ER has been here too! He does git around, don't he? :-)