Monday, October 10, 2005

NaNoWriMo & site updates

      No, I'm not writing gibberish. Well, not when I write NaNoWriMo. That stands for National Novel Writing Month. NaNoWriMo takes place in November, and I've signed up for the first time.
      The purpose of NaNoWriMo is to write a 50,000 work novel in one month. That breaks down to about 1,600 words a day. I don't know if I can write that much or not, but come November, I'm going to set Dragons Gather aside and attempt a new novel. I'm working on the outline now. I definitely don't want to attempt it without an outline. Dragons Gather has taught me that.
      So posts here may be sparse in November, but I'll keep you updated as to my progress and even post some excerpts if any suitable ones present themselves.
      Go to NaNoWriMo website to learn more about it. And maybe you'd like to sign up, too! That would be really cool. We could cheer each other on! So I challenge you to do so. Let me know. Let's win NaNoWriMo together.
      In site news, I changed the scrollies, the current favorite quote and added a few links -- NaNoWriMo, For Better or For Worse and the American Assocation of Editorial Cartoonists. Jean pointed out FBoFW, and I think it's an excellent comic strip. The AAEC shares many excellent editorial cartoons daily. Check them out.

5 comments:

Trixie said...

Hey, I posted about NaNoWriMo today too! I've been posting my little heart out the past couple of days to make up for lost time. Won't be able to do that much in NaNoWriMo!

Unknown said...

I'll be joining you.

Wayzgoose said...

This is my second year and I've been posting my chapter outline for this year just to get ready. You can check it at http://www.accidentalwitness.blogspot.com. As I did last year, I'm intending to blog the novel, so it will go up on the blog at the same pace that I write it. Good luck, I'll be seeing you in the winners list November 30!

Linda said...

Good luck with NaNo. I succeeded in writing 52K in 2003. It was a fun ride. :)

Linda

CrystalDiggory said...

"So posts here may be sparse in November...." Nooooo!

But good luck on the NaNoWriMo-thing. Post snippets of it on here for us!