Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bats

      It's been a busy, productive day for me. I had a list of 57 items I wanted to get done this weekend, and despite a late start, I did 40 of them. I still had time to watch the animated The Batman vs. Dracula this afternoon and the live action Batman Begins this evening. The animated feature was simply not good. I had taped it for Mikey because he loves superheroes, but I wanted to watch it first to see if it was too scary for him. It was. And it simply didn't have any style. Batman Begins had some good moments on it. I hope there's another movie that builds on it. It's not Spiderman, but it does have potential if they can just keep from messing it up.
      The superheroes that Mikey can't get enough of are Justice League and Teen Titans. They're his favorite shows. The Flash is his favorite character, but he likes Robin, too. We play superheroes some. He always gets to be Robin or the Flash, and I am Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and sometimes, Lord help me, Wonder Woman. I also have to play whatever scary monster is attacking the city unless his papa plays, and then his papa gets to be the monster. The monster is really the best. You get to growl terribly and stomp around the house until the heroes zap you and then you fall down, moaning and thrashing around pitifully before you expire. I tell you it's an Oscar winning role.
      It's late so I'm going to call it a night now. Y'all take care and have a great day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Justice League and Teen Titans RULE.

Trixie said...

Wonder Woman, huh?

SBB said...

Yes. I can do a good Hawk Girl, too, but of the two, I'm a better Wonder Woman. Her costume fits me better ... :)

CrystalDiggory said...

That's a disturbing image...

SBB said...

Crystal, it's probably better that you don't visualize it.

Hey, Joel, any idea on why Cartoon Network isn't showing Justice League? They started their new season and then stopped.