Friday, September 23, 2005

Thoughts from a wandering mind

      "Pagan" received an astonishing number of comments, which greatly surprised me. I've posted poems before, and only a handful of people responded. Not only did "Pagan" receive more than any other poem, it received more than any other post.
      I like "Pagan." It said exactly what I meant and I think it says it well. But it's not my favorite poem or even my best. I write a lot of poetry, probably a poem or two a week. So maybe I've become a bit jaded. This was an interesting reminder of "the power of words," to quote one of the commenters.
      I appreciate everyone's comments -- some more than others, of course -- but the fact you read the poem and responded to it was gratifiying. The debate even spawned a blog entry on another blog. (I'm not sure if she wants me to link to hers here so I won't until I hear from her.)
      In other news, the Post Office or the check supply company has lost six boxes of my checks. That's 900 checks on my account floating around the world. I'm having to change my account and close the old account. Not a fun thing, but I don't think I have any other choice unless the checks show up by Monday. If they don't, the account switch-over will be finished. The joys of modern life.
      Going to the gym seems to be working. The other day after a shower, I was drying my left leg and noticed a muscle! I had to look twice as I hadn't seen one there for years, but there it was. And my right had one, too! Will wonders ever cease? I hope not.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Are you talking about me? Most likely not but if so...I don't mind.

A muscle huh? Hmmmm... :P The power of the conscious mind...

Mark said...

Ha! I lost a check book two weeks ago and went to the bank, made a big fuss over it, ordered more checks and a new checkbook, and then, later in the day, found it in between the seats in my car.

I had been losing weight but now I'm gaining again. I remember one day when I had reached the lowest weight, I looked in the mirror and sucked in my stomach and, I'm not completely sure, but I think I saw pecs!

Unknown said...

Muscle rules!

When can we expect personal pics on-line?

Jean said...

A muscle? On each leg? Isn't that a great feeling? Keep up the great work.

I hope the checks show up--that's a scary feeling.

Linda said...

Congratulations! Keep it up and you may discover more muscles you didn't know you had. :)

Linda