Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Life or something like it

      I spent all last night writing and designing a newsletter for the local theater group. Another last minute task, but I got it done. Mostly. I was pretty proud of myself since I turned it out in less than two hours, but it deflated me when I found a lot of errors this morning and a friend found a major one last night. Still, I should be able to correct and print it this evening, and then I will get it photocopied tomorrow. I had forgotten -- or maybe chose to not remember -- how a group can take all your time, energy and emotional strength if you let it. I just have to remember to step back, take a deep breath and take care of myself.
      That's probably true for lots of situations. If you can center yourself and remember to breathe deeply, you can usually keep your head. Or at least not let it roll too far away. The trick is remembering to do that when everything is exploding around you.
      I didn't get to launch my rocket this weekend. We had rain and storms. Maybe next weekend.
      Time to get ready for work. Y'all have a good day.

6 comments:

SBB said...

I had trouble posting this, but it's finally there. Not sure it was worth the wait! :)

Michelle said...

Always worth it.

And I thought it was just me not getting the updates...

CrystalDiggory said...

Worth it, but I hate the waiting! :)

Trixie said...

Well, obviously I am not the only one to start receiving spam on my blog. I wonder if there's anything we can do about it. It's very annoying!

Unknown said...

With you about working for groups. You don't usually realize the "good" you get until later and after you retired from them.

You definitely feel, though, all the fatigue :)

SBB said...

Trixie, the only way I know to stop the spam is to only allow registered users to comment. I've changed mine to do that. No more anon, but it's not that hard to get a blogger account anyway.

Michelle and Crystal, I will try to do better!

Joel, man, that is so true.