Thursday, August 11, 2005

Lack of a life

      I spent all evening working on the newsletter for the local theater group. And it's still not done. Some changes had to be made. I need a night to work on it, but I probably won't be able to do so until Friday night. Sigh. And I still need to work on September's Gazette. Double sigh.
      I've been going to the gym at least three times a week. I can't tell if it's working or not. I seem to be gaining, but I'm not sure if that's all in my head or not. Last night, I might have actually felt one of those sea creatures. You know, those endolphins ... I always buy endolphin safe tuna, don't you?
      Anyway, I was walking the track and listening to my MP3 player, and suddenly I realized that I was enjoying myself. WHAM! Immediately my body began to hurt, but up to that point, I hadn't noticed. So maybe that was an endorphin. Or the lack of oxygen was giving me hallucinations. I do know to not go toward the light.
      At this point, I'd like to say that my workout routine is the one of champions. I'd like to say that, but it's not true. I walk a mile on the track, spend 10-20 minutes on the exercise bike, do 50 reps on the Triceratops machine (yes, I know it's triceps, but I like the dinosaur image) and then 50 reps on a biceps machine. Other than some stretching, that's it so far. But I'm hoping to add more machines as my body can stand it.
      The exercise bike is major cool. It has an actual chair seat as opposed to those uncomfortable bicycle seats that used to attempt to split me in half. I think I like the bike best so far. Not enough to take it to dinner and then a movie, but maybe in a friend sort of way.
      A friend of mine teaches aerobics at the center, and she's trying to get to come to her class. Not yet, but maybe someday in the future, I'll be fainting to the oldies.
      In other news, I had to change the comments to allow Registered Users only. I got spammed nine times last night in the comments. I had to stop it before it became flood. A blogger I know was away from her blog for a few days. She came back and discovered she had over 400 comment spams. Unfortunately she had the comments sent to her mail box so she had to spend several hours weeding through what was spam and what wasn't. Not fun. I know this change means that Randall, Slim, Roen and Susan2 can't comment, but hey guys, you can register for Blogger without ever having to make a blog. If you have problems with it, email me and I'll set up an account for you.
      Well, I've got a full day of work in front of me. I'll talk to you guys later.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Endolphins.

Finny.

Pun intended.

Did you notice they always travel in schools? This is presumably where they learn their lessons, mainly reeling and writhing and the various kinds of art, such as drawling and stretching, and fainting in coils.

CrystalDiggory said...

It doesn't sound like you have a "lack of life" at all. You do more in a day than most people do all week!

Jean said...

TECH,

That's a good workout. You can easily build on it. As for the recumbent bike (recombinant, maybe? to complement the dinosaur image?), there's some great things you can build to. I've been doing several things to vary my routine and gradually increase the challenge. Maybe I'll blog about it?

Keep up the good work!

night-rider said...

I agree with Crystal - am always amazed at the amount you seem to fit into every day. How about a blog post on how to achieve all this to inspire and educate the rest of us?

Jaime said...

Congrats on the gym work! Are endorphins anything like sea monkeys?

Unknown said...

You'll get to the light soon enough. Fortunately, you'll get to the "high" in exercise much, much faster.

Have you been adjusting your eating habits? That will have a big impact in many ways more so than the exercise (though exercise will definitely improve cardiovascular and all the bodily functions. Food strictly impacts weight numbers, which should not be the only focus.)

RE: spam.

Yeah, I noticed it, too. Wonder if Blogger.com is aware that spam's slipping their filters.