Monday, August 08, 2005

Disquiet

      I think I made a mistake yesterday. A tactical error. I won't know for a while, and maybe the whole thing will blow over, but I have this disquieting feeling that I may have set something in motion that I will regret later. That's the problem with any move. The repercussions from it will travel, sometimes in unexpected ways. All you can do is try to plan for the obvious results but stay loose enough to adapt to the unforeseen.
      That's life.
      I have a lot to do today. I've been making my list. I haven't been making a list for the past few days, and I've let some things drop that really need to be picked up again. We'll do better this week. I hope.
      Figments, a play I've been working on, finally has its own folder. I've been jotting down lines of dialogue and bits of scenes into a notebook as they occured to me, but no concentrated effort to complete it. Well, it's grown to the point that it has a plot, characters and an outline. So it was time for it to get a project folder. This doesn't mean that it will be finished soon, but it is moving in the right direction.
      It's time to get ready for work so I'd better go. Have a great day.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

One day we'll look back at our mistakes and laugh. Ah, our youthful, more stupid, days.

Anonymous said...

What is a tactical error?

CrystalDiggory said...

Yes, really, you can't make comments like that and then not explain yourself. Well, I guess you can, it's your blog, but it makes it harder for us to comment on it, except well -- I am commenting aren't I? I had no idea you were this clever. :)

Anonymous said...

I recognize that uneasy feeling when you question something that's already out the door. I agree with the other commentors we need more information.
Randall

SBB said...

I really can't give more info in a public forum. Listen, why don't I invite you all over for coffee and talk? :)

Slim, a tactical error is when I say or do something that might come back and bite my big butt someday.

Michelle said...

I, myself, am full of "tactical" errors. Yeesh. I am not so good at the "Let's try this and see if I can get my desired end result..." thing. It usually blows up in my face or goes by the wayside altogether. I think I am better off with being straightforward. Although, I can think of many a thing I need to be more "forward" about. Ahem...I digress.

Good luck Tech.

Can I come for coffee too? ;)

CrystalDiggory said...

Joel: When exactly can we start laughing? I have a feeling I'm going to be absolutely hysterical one of these days.

Trixie said...

Hey, I'll buy the danish when we all gather for coffee!

Michelle said...

Yeah Trixie! You rock...can I request an Almond one? I'll bring some creamer for the coffee...er napkins or somethin'

CrystalDiggory said...

Personally, I prefer Irish coffee, so I'll bring the, uh...Irish.

SBB said...

You know, it's a shame we can't all get together. The strength of the Net is that it can bring people "together" who live in different far places, but that's a weakness of it, also.

SBB said...

I have killer recipe for lemon bars, too. Sigh.

Michelle said...

Lemon bars? Dang...

I made a cheescake last night, but it didn't come out so good. The cheese part is yummy, but way too much butter in the crust. Bleah..

Ok there should be some sort of Blogger/Harbor street summit in some neutral location...

Er...not.

SBB said...

I think a Blogger summit would be a cool thing. Maybe in Oklahoma City. It's centrally located in the US, has got a major airport for the people who will need to fly, and has major interstates running through it for those who want to drive.

Michelle said...

I would go. For sure...

How flipping fun would that be!?