Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bloggin' aplenty 2

      While I was gone, I did four loads of laundry, washed the dishes, worked on the family newsletter, and put the final touches on the patron package. Now I go to get it printed and photocopied. Heigh ho, off to Staples I go!
      Or off I will go in a few minutes. I needed to take a brief break. I'm still feeling the effects of the surgery, I guess, or really the effects of having to take it easy and all that bed rest. It's hard for your body to go after it has spent so much time not going.
      That's true for writing, too. I find that if I haven't written for a week or so, it's hard to start again. The creative impulse requires exercise. The more you use it, the more you can do. A couple of years ago, I really stretched myself and found my writing grew as a result.
      But since the first of the year, I had to let it slide due to all that other nonsense. As a result, I'm writing slower and with less grace. I'm taking less enjoyment out of it.
      Fortunately I know how to fix that: I have to write. It's as simple as that. The more I write, the more I can write. And now off to get the patron package finished. Catch you in a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I have to write."

Damn. You are taking the joy out of it :)