Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Back in the saddle again

      Man, it was hard to return to work today. I keep thinking of everything I needed to get done and instead there I was at work. Admittedly work brings in a lot more money than anything I was thinking of, but I still would like to have another day or two or forever off.
      I have several things I'd like to get done tonight if my energy holds out. I've been draggin' today. My get-up-and-go done got up and went. Some days I really miss caffeine.
      Yeah, I gave up caffeine nearly three years ago. Mostly for health reasons as there are lots of reports on what constant caffeine use can do to you, but mostly because I wanted to use weight and gave up soft drinks to help in that. (I don't like any of the diet colas. Give me sugar or give me nothing but don't give me some sugar wannabe.)
      Once every few months, I have a Coke or Dr Pepper, and I tell you, the caffeine hits me like a ton of bricks. I buzz around the room like something that buzzes around the room. It's a blast.
      I have to go back to work now. Yeehaw. Catch you this evening.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the apathy was across the country. EVERYONE at my job--including yours truly--was dragging. Several of us (including me) took naps.

Ugh.

Gloria Williams said...

I couldn't make it without my coffee!