Friday, May 27, 2005

Long week

      It's been a long week for some reason. I find myself inordinately tired tonight. I did want to share some good news before I go to bed. I talked to my surgeon on Tuesday about my bill, and he dropped nearly two-thirds of it! I didn't have to beg or push him to do it, either. I just explained I didn't have insurance and asked if there was anything he could do. That was it. He's a good guy. Unfortunately, that didn't work with the hospital and I still have to play them $2,100, but saving that much on the surgeon's bill helped a lot. I'm grateful.
      The incision is still healing, but it is much better. I still experience quite a bit of pain sometimes, but that's because ... well ... probably I'm doing more than I should. I don't want to hear it! Life has to go on, and I'm trying to be more careful.
      I finally got my hair cut today. Something I don't think I mentioned was that I had decided to let my hair grow until I knew whether I had cancer or not. My thought was that if I did and had to take chemo or radiation, then I'd shave it off so that it would be easier to take care of. I don't have cancer, so today I got it cut. But not as short as I have in the past. I liked the longer hair, even though it had a tendency to fly around like Einstein's do. Now it's neat and quite handsome. Come and get me, ladies! No, seriously, come and get me. I can't afford the gasoline to drive to you!
      And on that note, night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, darn. So much for havin' a date on Monday for the BBQ.

Happy, that all the good is coming your way.

I am sure you look very handsome.

Gloria Williams said...

Thank God for a decent doctor! I know that is an answer to a prayer.