Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Great news!

      The tumor was benign! I just spoke with the surgeon (for the first time since the surgery). The tumor was removed in two pieces, one was 5 centimeters and the other was 4. The pathology report said the tumor's size warranted "concern and removal," but the cells looked normal. My doctor said if I had allowed the tumor to grow, the odds were good that it could have become cancerous over time. The fact it was causing me pain was really a blessing. God is good.
      All I have to do is recover from the surgery, and we're on the road for that. Thank you all so very much for your support and prayers during this whole mess. Have a great day!

13 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

GLORY! That's great news! God IS good!

Trixie said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Prayers are answered! I'm so glad you got this good report!

CrystalDiggory said...

I am so happy for you! God is very good!

Michelle said...

Yeah! WooHooo!! Hot Dog!!

God is good and Oh so faithful. I am so happy for you Tech...

Jaime said...

Woo hoo!

Unknown said...

Awesome. I'll recall the good vibration grrrls now.... ;-)

SBB said...

No, leave those grrls! I might need them later. :)

Erudite Redneck said...

Dude, I am so happy for you! Feel free to go skippin' through the clover. :-)

SBB said...

I'm very relieved and happy, but I'm not much of a skipper ... despite what you might have heard.

Erudite Redneck said...

Dr. ER claims I am too big to skip! (Y'all who don't know me: 6' 4", 275 pounds). I think that's a perfect size for skipping. Just stand back and give me room! ... I'll skip FOR you then. Yippee!

Trixie said...

I want a front-row seat for that. If that wouldn't lift your spirits, nothing could!

Holly said...

DANCING! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you.

Huge hugs.

SBB said...

Thank you all for sharing in my relief and joy. It's been a darkness over me and now the sun is shining through!