Monday, April 25, 2005

More news

      My blood tests came back good. Nothing conclusive that says I don't have cancer, but nothing that says I do. That's good. Tomorrow afternoon I meet with the surgeon. I'm both dreading the meeting and looking forward to it. I hate the idea of surgery, but I'm tired of this uncertainty. Of course, he won't tell me anything tomorrow. We'll just discuss the surgery and maybe do another ultrasound or some other test. And we'll schedule the surgery.
      It's been strange. I feel like I got on some sinister roller coaster a couple of Thursdays ago, and I can't get off. I just have to hang on and see where I go. Fortunately I have a lot of friends and family who are riding along with me, their hands holding me on so that I don't fly off. I am profoundly grateful for those hands.
      It's starting to thunder outside. I should shut down my computer, unplug it from the wall; I don't need any more trouble with it. The wind is rising. I can hear it in the trees in my backyard. The windchimes have a manic sound to them. Tibetan monks believe windchimes keep evil spirits away. I wonder why I thought of that. A splatter of rain just hit the sliding glass doors. Good night.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Good night, Tech. I hope you will sleep better with those test results. I'm continuing prayers for a good visit with the surgeon.

Unknown said...

U feel joy and sadness. U'R ALIVE!

Now, where's the ice cream...? :)

Gloria Williams said...

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you today, TECH.

Michelle said...

All the best for a good visit with the Dr. today Tech.

Will be thinking of you, way over here in Oregon...

Holly said...

Good luck, and I'm happy to hear that the possibilities are still open to good news.

Hugs. You're in my prayers.

Jean said...

Glad to hear you have at least tentative good news. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well.