Thursday, March 17, 2005

Blogger blues again

      I'm thinking seriously about leaving Blogger. The performance over the past couple of weeks has been really bad. I've always liked Blogger, but it seems the problems just keep getting worse. It won't let me post or takes forever to post when it lets me on. Comments are strictly a hit and miss affair. I know their engineering teams are working on these widespread problems, but it just seems to be getting worse. I've been looking around at a few other places to host my blog. It's not something I want to do, but to save time and effort, it might be best. Or maybe Blogger will get itself fixed. I'd be happy with that, too. If any of my readers have suggestions on blogging hosts, let me know -- if you can comment, which is by no means certain.
      Speaking of photos -- we weren't, but now we are -- Space.com has some cool space wallpaper for your computer monitor. They have the wallpapers in various formats. I have one of their images on my computer monitor at work. Here at home, I have images from Webshots. I've had Webshots for a long time, and I recommend it. I have a free account with them, which does have some restrictions, but none that I can't live with. They have some remarkable photos. Their site has a few pop-ups and other ads, but overall, I've found it to be a good service.
      I tried to post a photo of Mikey, but Blogger didn't let me do it. I'll try later today or this evening.
      I hope you all have a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont have a blog so I thought it was slow because of that.

SBB said...

Nope, it's not just you. Blogger is weird all over.

Trixie said...

If you do change sites, PLEASE make sure you give us plenty of notice. I am sure hoping these delays go away soon and life can be "normal" again. I am not having any trouble at this particular moment, but that's pure luck, I think.

Gloria Williams said...

If I right-click the comment tag and choose "open in a new window," it seems to open faster. I hope that helps.

Jaime said...

TECH, I got the Blogger blues so bad, I switched over to WordPress today. I like it, now that I've figured out what to do with it. You have to have your own host, though.

I used this site to give me a review of some free blogs.