Monday, February 21, 2005

50 Favorite Things (Another meme!)

      Another meme. Please feel welcome to answer this on your blog. Meme ... what happens when bloggers need posts.

1. My favorite color: Dark green or dark blue. I like rich deep colors. Black is good, too.
2. My favorite TV show: Stargate SG1. The show's getting a bit long in the tooth, but it's still one of the best action adventures on TV.
3. My favorite movie: The Lion In Winter. An incredible cast with a fantastic script. Won an Oscar for Katherine Hepburn.
4. My favorite drink: Lemonade. I like Liptons.
5. My favorite cookie: Braums peanut butter cookies. Yummy.
6. My favorite candy bar: Snickers.
7. My favorite potato chip: Vinegar and Salt Flavored Pringles.
8. My favorite hamburger: Sonic Number 2 Cheeseburger with mustard and no onions.
9. My favorite vehicle: I don't have one, but I'd like to have a Pontiac G6. Cool car. Or the Starship Enterprise. That would be even cooler.
10. My favorite author: I have several. Check my author links, but I'd have to say that I like Terry Pratchett best of all.
11. My favorite song: Too many to narrow it down. I like country, rock, pop, etc. The only music I don't like is rap and hiphop.
12. My favorite singing group: See previous answer.
13. My favorite food: Mexican. Absolutely love fajitas and tacos.
14. My favorite pet: Dog. Why is this next to the favorite food question?
15. My favorite musical: Man of La Mancha. To quote a favorite passage: "Life as it is. I have lived for over forty years and I’ve seen 'life as it is.' Pain. Misery. Cruelty beyond belief. I've heard all the voices of God’s noblest creature -- moans from bundles of filth in the street. I've been a soldier and a slave. I've seen my comrades fall in battle or die more slowly under the lash in Africa. I've held them at the last moment. These were men who saw 'life as it is,' but they died despairing. No glory. No brave last words. Only their eyes, filled with confusion, questioning, 'Why?' I do not think they were asking why they were dying, but why they had ever lived. When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams, this may be madness. To seek treasure where there is only trash. Too much sanity may be madness. But maddest of all -- to see life as it is, and not as it should be!”
16. My favorite male movie star: John Wayne or Harrison Ford.
17. My favorite female movie star: Meryl Streep or Sigourney Weaver.
18. My favorite male TV star: Richard Dean Anderson.
19. My favorite female TV star: Amanda Tapping.
20. My favorite clothes: Jeans. Long sleeve pullover jersey.
21. My favorite computer: Dell, I guess.
22. My favorite internet service: AOL, I guess.
23. My favorite kiss: French, but I don't like it when my aunts do it ... :)
24. My favorite web site: 51313 Harbor Street. You knew that one was coming, didn't you?
25. My favorite religion: Christianity. But I do read a lot of Buddhist writings. I like their approach to the question of suffering in the world and our obligations to the world.
26. My favorite religious flavor: Flavor? Hmm. I guess Baptist, but I'm quite a bit more liberal about a lot of things.
27. My favorite hobby: Writing and reading.
28. My favorite wild land animal: Getting kinda particular here, aren't we? Elephant. I got to ride one at the zoo once. Incredibly cool.
29. My favorite wild sea animal: Any of the whales. Awesome creatures. Why can't we just let them live in peace? Must we kill everything on this planet?
30. My favorite political party: Democrat, of course.
31. My favorite Congressman: Don't like any of them. I mistrust anyone who wants to hold a political office.
32. My favorite president: I really liked Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. I disliked many of the decisions that both made, but they seemed honest and sincere. And Jimmy Carter has used his life after the presidency to help many, many people. He does what I'd like all of our former presidents to be doing, making the world a better place instead of just building presidential libraries and writing self-serving books.
33. My favorite national park: I've never been to it, but the pictures of Yellowstone are awesome.
34. My favorite national monument: Well, I guess the Statue of Liberty or Mount Rushmore. The Statue of Liberty for what it stands for, Mount Rushmore for its sheer immensity. Once again, haven't been to either.
35. My favorite vacation spot: The beach. I haven't seen the ocean, but I want to.
36. My favorite exercise: That's like asking my favorite torture. Walking or swimming. I actually like swimming, though. Just don't call it exercise.
37. My favorite sleeping position: On my right side.
38. My favorite time of day: When I'm off work.
39. My favorite sexual position: Ahem. Too personal. But it does not involve saddles or trapeze, despite what you might have heard. (Does anyone actually answer this one?)
40. My favorite pickup line: I don't have pickup lines. I try to approach women with a willingness to see their unique beauty and intelligence ... No, seriously. It's not a line. I promise. Trust me.
41. My favorite charity: I list several on the left side of my blog. I most often give to the American Cancer Society, March of Dimes and Paralyzed Veterans of America.
42. My favorite blogger: You mean, besides me? I have my favorites listed. I read each daily. I like them all.
43. My favorite newspaper: The Daily Oklahoman. I don't read it, but the girl who delivers it across the street is really cute.
44. My favorite cartoon: Dilbert if we're talking print, the old Bugs Bunny cartoons if we're talking animated.
45. My favorite superhero: Superman and Wonder Woman. Batman needs to lighten up. Spiderman is cool, too, but he never seems to get a break. The X-Men are too self-absorbed. Yes, I need to get a life.
46. My favorite person: Mikey, of course. I most enjoy my time with him. He will be four this summer. Seems amazing.
47. My favorite plant: Do people have favorite plants? And if they do, poor things.
48. My favorite Star Fleet Captain: Kirk, of course.
49. My favorite blond(e): Marilyn, of course, but I do like Pamela, too.
50. My favorite saying: "No good deed goes unpunished."

      There you go. Now I'm curious to see your answers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that quote from Man of La Mancha!!!! It fits you perfectly!!!

Gloria Williams said...

My favorite plant happens to be roses! I also like sunflowers.

SBB said...

Good point. I didn't think of flowers. I stand corrected.

Jaime said...

I did mine! But really, how am I supposed to pick a favorite author?

Trixie said...

Thanks Tech! I have posted my answers too. This is a particularly tough meme. It's hard to pick one choice on many of those questions.

Erudite Redneck said...

My position on sex? Put me down as "for." ;-)